First acoustic recording

Did you add any effects? If you didn't add reverb, sounds like that room you're in is giving you plenty of it.

Um, it's not bad.. I can hear some extra noise.. maybe coming from your nearby PC?

Not bad at all for a first.

What's your interface?

Your recording, like the other poster says, shows a lot of background noise.

Anyway, for advice, this is what I have come to know for acoustics: try to use condenser mikes, use a stereo pair if you can. That's all I really know.

Keep on truckin'

I did add a little reverb and I'm using an Alesis USB board.

My house is kinda noisy, I can;t record anything clean.. Thanks Allen and Austin! :)

gema said:
It's more than words and I don't really play the guitar :)

I'm in extreme need of advice and criticism.

pun?

where was the mic pointed? can you record when people aren't vaccuming? or is the interface really that noisy? i wouldn't think usb is that fuzzy.

what sort of guitar is it? does it have one of those plastic round backs?

try playing closer to the bridge, and pointing the mic closer to around the 12th fret. should get a bit more open sound out of your fingers, and a more natural sound from your mic

The bass side sound is very strong compared to the treble side sound. I would suggest experimenting with mic placement to try and equal that difference out some.

cello_pudding said:
pun?

where was the mic pointed? can you record when people aren't vaccuming? or is the interface really that noisy? i wouldn't think usb is that fuzzy.

what sort of guitar is it? does it have one of those plastic round backs?

Haha no... I really need it, the interface is not noisy, its just my house, with fish tanks air flow running and banging sounds. Its a TGM cheap guitar, it doesn't have that plastic round things :) Thanks Cello_Pudding.

Nick98338 said:
The bass side sound is very strong compared to the treble side sound. I would suggest experimenting with mic placement to try and equal that difference out some.

I'll try that next time, thanks :)

Back