Firewire pci card for laptop

The Flame

Hey guys, I am running two firepods into my dell inspiron 6000 laptop (3 years old). I am having an issue with keeping both firepods in sync. Presonus tells me that its because i am running both firepods though my 4 pin firewire connection and i would need to upgrade to 6 pin.

Anyone know a pci card for the laptop off hand? Thanks
The Flame

I use an "ADS Pyro" (not the combo version) it is 6 pin and I got it pretty cheap (22$ w 10$ rebate @ CC).

You can start here and look around their site for something that suits you.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=1394+pcmcia

I was under the impression that the 4 pin doesn't supply power to the unit and that was it's (4 pin) only drawback ?

I posted almost this same info in another thread a few minutes ago, hope this helps :)

Hey guys, I am running two firepods into my dell inspiron 6000 laptop (3 years old). I am having an issue with keeping both firepods in sync. Presonus tells me that its because i am running both firepods though my 4 pin firewire connection and i would need to upgrade to 6 pin.

Anyone know a pci card for the laptop off hand? Thanks
The Flame

Did your Firepods come with AC adapters? If so, plug those in to power the firepods. It's my understand the only difference between a 4 pin and a 6 pin is supplied power.

Ya the firepods are all plugged in. It's not a power issue, its a syncing issue. They will work fine for about an hour, times seem to vary, then BAM! right during a laying down a track one of the lights would turn a solid red and i would have to restart my computer and all. thanks for the help guys!

Back