firewire or USB 2.0?

perotis

I have a presonus firepod and just bought a new computer what doesn't have firewire. Would I be better to buy a firewire/pci-express card, or a firewire->usb 2.0 device/cable?

Dont think there is any such thing as a firewire>usb cable.

Get a firewire card. Belkin and SIIG make inexpensive respected ones; check newegg.com.

BE SURE to get one with TexasInstruments chips (that's the gold standard for audio/video and cheap firewire chip cards may not work.)

i have a presonus fp10, and i figured out a good express card to get. go to best buy and get a dynex firewire express card. $40 aint to shabby. before i bought a usb and firewire express card and the usb acctually interfered with the signal path and everything was pretty much useless. what ever express card you buy, make sure its only firewire on it.

I'm using a FirePod with a $10 FireWire PCI card from newegg.com. It has a VIA chipset and it's been working great for about two years now.

It's not PCI-Express though...

The Dynex card didn't work for me when I tried. Maybe they were using a different chipset back then?

Not a PC? Now a days it is. Do your homework.

...and they always have been. PC stands for Personal Computer. So unless Apple makes computers that have nothing to do the user's personal life, they're also considered PC's.

..but PLEASE let's not let this turn into a Mac vs PC thing.

Back