Firewire 410 vs. Firewire Audiophile

EddieVergunst

Hm, there's a 100$ difference between the 2. So I can get either the 410 with the 2 built in pres or the Audiophile and get me a <100$ mixer like a Behringer or a Yamaha. What would you choose?
Does the 410 have better converters? And would its preamps be significantly better than the ones in the aforementioned mixers?
Thanks.
100th post on the same subject, sorry about that.

I think for the difference you would do better with the Audiophile and a better micpre like the Studio Projects VTB-1. I have the 410 Firewire and the pres are quite noisy imo. Not ideal. I plan to get the VTB-1 soon to sort this out.

Still if u need the 10 outputs then go for the 410.

Well if I had the money to buy 2 of those VTB's or any higher end pre for that matter, I'd do it immediately, but this is not the case.
It's really either the 410 or the Audiophile with a Yamaha MG10/2 or Behringer UB802. So, would the difference be negligible or..?

Well wich did you end up getting? and what do you think about it? I too am now debating between the two. i know sax says the 410 has noisy pres, but im coming from a mobilepre usb, do you know if this would be a good upgrade? and how much of a noticible difference is it from a 48khz sampling rate to a 96khz?

EddieVergunst said:
It's really either the 410 or the Audiophile with a Yamaha MG10/2 or Behringer UB802. So, would the difference be negligible or..?
I'd go for the audiphile + MG10/2 then. The mixer will give you a lot more flexibility and will most likely still be of use by the time you may want to upgrade the interface to something with more i/o for instance. From what I've heard others say, the MG series is well worth its price.

Back