Firepod Headache... can anyone help me?

MaximumMetal288

I have been spending the past 4 hours trying to get my Firepod to work correctly. All was going well until I switched the firepod to 96kHz, and inputs 1 and 2 started to crackle and pop. I switched it back to 44.1kHz but the problem still persists. All the other inputs work fine, just 1 and 2. I'd guess it might have something to do with them being instrument inputs as well as line inputs, but maybe I'm wrong.

I have no clue what I have to do to get this thing to work... I've tried reinstalling both the firepod drivers and the Cubase LE, but it doesn't help.

... oh by the way, I can hear inputs 1 and 2 perfectly through my monitors, but when I record them they crackle and pop and all that bad stuff.

Last edited:
I've tried that, I went to the highest (25ms on the firepod) and it crackles more than when I tried it at 1.5ms. I also tried setting the CPU to Low and High and that didn't help either.

Thanks though!

what program are your recording to? I also had this problem and presonus sent me a list of things to do to correct it. PM me with your e-mail addy and ill forward this to you. Oh yea, and incase you havent already... try restarting your comp. running at 96 puts a KILLER load on your system

matt

Hey, sorry to bump this thread again, but I need help with my firepod yet again...

After like a month or so inputs 1 and 2 start to work again and everything was ok. Back in May, inputs 3 and 4 started to do the same thing as inputs 1 and 2, and eventually they fixed themselves, and now inputs 5 and 6 are doing what 1 and 2 did. Anyone have any clue why they'd be doing this, and then fix themselves later?

Have you tried Presonus support? Not sure that it would be a hardware issue (at least with the Firepod), but maybe they could help you out. What kind of Firewire interface/card are you using? When I owned one, I used a Firefire card with a TI (Texas Instruments) chipset which in general seems to be universally compatible with FW audio interfaces.

Back