Firepod Compatibility Question

redrocket

My semi-regular band has been recording with Cool Edit Pro for years. Now one of the guys is buying a Firepod, so we can record more than one track at a time and still keep them separate in the mix.

Firepod comes bundled with Cubase LE, but I'd rather not switch to Cubase just yet, because I'm not sure if it will run on my home computer. Can Firepod send its multiple tracks to Cool Edit Pro? If not, can you export Cubase tracks to Cool Edit Pro?

Thanks in advance!

You can export the tracks to wav files, assuming they all start recording at the same position, unless of course, you wanna spend your friday night lining up tracks...

But in all honestly, switch to cubase. I've never used it, but i've used cool edit for years, before switching to logic. One of my biggest complaints about cool edit is how complicated and non graphical the limiter and dynamics processors are. In logic and im sure cubase as well, you can see a visual representation of how your processor is affecting your track.

Seriously though, the only way to get yourself to switch over, is to force yourself. Take some time, read the setup guide, and get your tracks to match the incomming channels. After you've recorded the band, save everything. Then copy the session to a new folder so you don't damage the original. then experiment.

I still use cool edit for when i wanna track down quick ideas... but i dont use it for the band.

I appreciate it. I doubt I can switch to Cubase, though, my computer is still running Windows 98. My MIDI and sequencer needs are nonexistent, so CEP still works for what I need.

I use AA with the firepod. As low as the lactency, buffers and computer issues are set right you shouldn't have any problems.

AA to me is just easier to work with than Cubase, especially with loops.

greenascanbe said:
AA to me is just easier to work with than Cubase, especially with loops.

I agree 100% - for recording audio AA/CEP is the best (maybe I mean easiest, most logic) software I've used. I use Sonar 2 for MIDI stuff (drums) and export the mid files to wav, and then open the wav files in AA. Of course I could do it all with SONAR, but AA seems, for me at least, better for recording audio.

I used a Firepod and Cool Edit Pro 2.0 for a few months before I upgraded to Adobe Audition. It worked fine.

Back