firepod buffs

rankmanugly

if anyone owns or knows about firepods and computers,maybe you can help me out..
i am wondering if my laptop will be powerful enough for me to use the firepod without any major speed hassles. i use it for other things aswell, nothing too major, just a bit of downloading music/videos
it is an AMD sepron 2600 (1.6Ghz), 40Gig hard drive (i also have a 160 gig external HD) and 512RAM

cheers if anyone can help.
also, is this a good way to get into computer recording and what are the best softwares to use with it. i heard the new cubase that it comes with only allows you to record 4 tracks simultaneously. thats not enough so what is the alternative?
cheers

According to Presonus' website, the Firepods recommended system specs
are a 1.5GHz CPU and 512MB RAM. I own a firepod, and it runs fine (as it should) on my 2GHz Athlon and 512MB RAM.

Whether you will be able to record all 10 inputs at once and how many plugins, etc. you will be able to use simultaneously with your machine specs is hard for me to say, but since you are a bit above recommended specs, you really shouldn't have any problems. Others on this board should be able to chime in with their experiences.

While I don't really have much else to compare to other than a M-Audio 410, which I didn't like nearly as much, I think The Firepod is a decent piece for the price.

And the included Cubase LE will indeed let you record all 10 inputs at once (channel 1-8 and S/PDIF), up to a total of 48 audio tracks and 64 Midi tracks.

Hope I've been of assistance and best regards,
Kim

Back