Firebird pickups?

hungovermorning

Dr. Caveman.
I've been looking around for a while for a good set of minibuckers, more specificially those wonderful sparkly chimey low ohm pickups that came in firebirds. I know Lollar makes a good set, but are there other Alnico alternatives?

Seymour Duncan makes some nice mini humbuckers. It's been a while since I last put them in a guitar, so I don't remember much of the character, but I do remember them being pretty nice, and I would say chimey is as good a description as any.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Thanks for the info Light. I was planning on putting them in my Italia 12 string, which came stock with Wilkinson minibuckers. I'm thinking of trying to repot it with full-sized pots and a nice tone cap and see what happens (worst comes to worst I'm out $15).

Seymour Duncan makes some nice mini humbuckers. It's been a while since I last put them in a guitar, so I don't remember much of the character, but I do remember them being pretty nice, and I would say chimey is as good a description as any.
I have a set of those in an Epi Firebird my wifey gave me.
I'd say they sound similar to what I remember my old real Firebird sounding like.
A lot of emphasis on the mids, which I like.
Pretty articulate .......... not for someone wanting a high gain sort of sound but real nice blues or classic rock p'ups.

Back