"Fire City" any thoughts on my new rocker!

im going to make the greatest album, its in me. im going to show you all, you'll be amazed. the biggest album ever, the most beautiful. im goign to make it,

im going to make the greatest album, its in me. im going to show you all, you'll be amazed. the biggest album ever, the most beautiful. im goign to make it,

OK, stop it already. That's your "go to" line ever since you've been here, but YOU don't even sound like you believe it any more.

You have to stop living in this imaginary "movie". I used to live in that movie, too...but I was 11 and not on drugs. Wake up, brother.

Last edited:
There is a reason why all your rep points show up in red.......you suck! Rami is trying to be nice to you, I don't have that kind of time.....do something constructive or shut the fuck up.

There is a reason why all your rep points show up in red.......you suck! Rami is trying to be nice to you, I don't have that kind of time.....do something constructive or shut the fuck up.

jpw, the big thing im working on, its like nothing ever attempted by a human. its a whole type of music you couldnt even imagine. its going to make me the biggest star in the world. its going to be huge. just wait.

jpw, the big thing im working on, its like nothing ever attempted by a human. its a whole type of music you couldnt even imagine. its going to make me the biggest star in the world. its going to be huge. just wait.
Whatever douchebag:rolleyes:

According to every trend in the music industry, no. You become a hugely successful musician by creating music that only deviates slightly from the current norm. Too much innovation and art, and people won't like your music.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you realize that your songs sound nothing like modern, marketable music. Assuming that's intentional, it might gain some popularity within art circles (the sort of folks who watch Andy Warhol movies), but you'll never reach a wide audience.

If it helps you sleep at night, sure, think of yourself as a bleeding edge artist. Believe that the only reason that EMI isn't already delivering wheelbarrows of cash to your door is because your too progressive and avant garde. You won't be hurting anyone thinking that.

Just remember that at the same time, semi-anonymous folks on the internet will still be calling out your recordings as muddy, distant crap that you recorded on your VCR.

Sorry, but music posted here will usually receive constructive criticism. If the music is really bad, that criticism will be as harsh as what's been said here.

According to every trend in the music industry, no. You become a hugely successful musician by creating music that only deviates slightly from the current norm. Too much innovation and art, and people won't like your music.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you realize that your songs sound nothing like modern, marketable music. Assuming that's intentional, it might gain some popularity within art circles (the sort of folks who watch Andy Warhol movies), but you'll never reach a wide audience.

If it helps you sleep at night, sure, think of yourself as a bleeding edge artist. Believe that the only reason that EMI isn't already delivering wheelbarrows of cash to your door is because your too progressive and avant garde. You won't be hurting anyone thinking that.

Just remember that at the same time, semi-anonymous folks on the internet will still be calling out your recordings as muddy, distant crap that you recorded on your VCR.

Sorry, but music posted here will usually receive constructive criticism. If the music is really bad, that criticism will be as harsh as what's been said here.

i've got a lot in me!

I finally figured it out.

Jordan's a shill for zShare. He gets paid for clicks and we're his dinner ticket.

i just want to make clear, i dont see why people always say im avant garde or weird or out there, i think im making pretty clear simple straight foward rockers!

You don't think you're avant garde? Then you're probably just terrible.

Seriously, the songs themselves might be decent, but the recordings are so bad, you can't tell. They sound like you set up a cheap radio shack mic across the room from a bunch of 12-year-olds who can't play their instruments and then added too much reverb to the result.

I think the only way to convince anyone that this music is any good is to claim it is avant garde and that you're an artiste.

why is everyone bashing on this kid?! so what if its not that great. he's trying and i bet he will get better. Dude keep doing what your doing. Don't ever stop progressing, don't let these assholes bring you down.

why is everyone bashing on this kid?! so what if its not that great. he's trying and i bet he will get better. Dude keep doing what your doing. Don't ever stop progressing, don't let these assholes bring you down.

Hey arsehole, you have 21 posts here so you don't know the history behind "this kid" and pretty much everyone on this site. He doesn't consider himself a kid that needs to improve, as you put it. He thinks he actually has talent, more talent than anyone here has.

He doesn't post his stuff to get a critique, like everyone else does. He'll post one song, ignore any advice anyone might give him, and then post 20 more songs in the same thread, always claiming that "this song is the song that's going to make him a star". He has already posted 4 or 5 pieces of crap in this thread and we're barely on page 2. That's not what the MP3 Clinic is for.

People here don't jump on someone for no reason, especially in the MP3 Clinic. So, stop trying to be a hero and shut your hole if you don't know what's going on. You're in no position to call anyone an asshole, asshole.

Hey arsehole, you have 21 posts here so you don't know the history behind "this kid" and pretty much everyone on this site. He doesn't consider himself a kid that needs to improve, as you put it. He thinks he actually has talent, more talent than anyone here has.

He doesn't post his stuff to get a critique, like everyone else does. He'll post one song, ignore any advice anyone might give him, and then post 20 more songs in the same thread, always claiming that "this song is the song that's going to make him a star". He has already posted 4 or 5 pieces of crap in this thread and we're barely on page 2. That's not what the MP3 Clinic is for.

People here don't jump on someone for no reason, especially in the MP3 Clinic. So, stop trying to be a hero and shut your hole if you don't know what's going on. You're in no position to call anyone an asshole, asshole.

i dont know where you got any of that from! dios mio!

Greyharmonix,
You have missed a bit - jordan posts a new album of material every other day and, whilst looking for comment and a back rub, won't accept any criticism or suggestions made to improve/progress/develop.
He's on my ignore list because he chooses to ignore anything other than accolades. he's has an excess of self believe and is laden with hubris that, I fear, is a defensive in origin.
The premise of this area of the BBS has been made clear to him, but he chooses to ignore the accepted approach.
I'm the fool who told him to post his stuff in this clinic (he'd been posting his stuff in the RACK section of Equipment) in the hope that, properly placed, he'd get and accept some suggestions. He posts sketches that his delusions tells him are completed works. People have been nice, have been careful, have offered suggestions and comments all of which Jordan has rejected unless they chime in with his fantasy image of himself and his work.
Now he's an object of derision, of sarcasm and scathing wit. I was drawn into it for a while but realized it became as self fulfilling prophecy as Jordan needs an audience - good or bad, with him or against him. He just craves attention and he'll provoke continued commentary through controversy as much as he can - believing that it'll make him stronger - it won't if we don't let it.
Hence I put him on the ignore list so I don't need to read or hear his stuff.
Eventually, (& particularly if you dig back through his threads) you'll get the photo.

Last edited:
hmmmm alright well then if the hostility towards him was provoked by him i guess i was wrong for calling these other guys assholes. Your right i've never seen a post from this jordand i don't know his story. I apologize rami and anyone else who might have been offended by my comment.

hmmmm alright well then if the hostility towards him was provoked by him i guess i was wrong for calling these other guys assholes. Your right i've never seen a post from this jordand i don't know his story. I apologize rami and anyone else who might have been offended by my comment.

grey, i have gotten a lot of thrown at me, but all i've done is posted my music! i think its good that it gets strong reactions because it must mean im on the road to something big! which i know im going to make, i dream of the songs every night in the nice studio, singing them, hearing them on the radio, but then i forget them.

Back