Finished a new track

Awesome Production / playin´ / singin´, GarrenKeith :cool:

Mix could be (IMO) improved in the lows (a bit muddy) - not sub,something around 100/250 hz.
Dinamics are much better (non fatigue for listening) than the one you posted in the Mastering forum,"Standing Right Here" (would be nice to listen the non mastered version of "Standing...), but vox is a bit thin in comparison (killer performance though).

Welcome to the forum!

Ciro

Loved everything about the tune... particularly the performance, production, and the reverb on the vocal.

In contrast to the previous post, the bass / balance sound fine on my system for this genre tune. (Reminds me of something Enrique Iglesias would record.)

Please share some details: Mic and keys used, effects, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome Production / playin´ / singin´, GarrenKeith :cool:

Mix could be (IMO) improved in the lows (a bit muddy) - not sub,something around 100/250 hz.
Dinamics are much better (non fatigue for listening) than the one you posted in the Mastering forum,"Standing Right Here" (would be nice to listen the non mastered version of "Standing...), but vox is a bit thin in comparison (killer performance though).

Welcome to the forum!

Ciro

i appreciate it. it's actually my friend singing. he's an amazing singer. i do agree with you when you say the production is alot better than standin' right here's. ill take into consideration of what you said about the improvements next time i mess with it. thanks again!

Loved everything about the tune... particularly the performance, production, and the reverb on the vocal.

In contrast to the previous post, the bass / balance sound fine on my system for this genre tune. (Reminds me of something Enrique Iglesias would record.)

Please share some details: Mic and keys used, effects, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I used a samson c01 condenser plugged into a small preamp (phonic mu1202) and that going straight into my microphone jack on my computer. I recorded all the vocals in audacity and compressed it before i saved it and pitch corrected it. I'm using FL Studio, and I mainly had to raise the mids and highs to get it to stand out. Used reverb and delay on the vocals obviously. The synths had to be thinned out a bit so it wouldn't clash. I used some free vst's I found from the internet. I mainly use the vst's that came with FL Studio and customize them for the sound I'm going for.

Back