Finding Concert Pitch!!

Isn't that like asking "...using only a hammer, how do I screw in a nail?" ;)

Easiest way has nothing to do with CEP at all.... play a keyboard along with the song (or just hold a sustained tone at the key root of the song) - you'll hear right away if the song's in pitch or not.......

Blue Bear Sound wrote:
"Isn't that like asking "...using only a hammer, how do I screw in a nail?"!!!"

I do know how to do these things manually, but I just thought that CEP was able to work it out using the usual 440 concert pitch system.

Never mind though! "I worked it out myself!"

Thanks for the obvious!

Blue Bear Sound said:
Isn't that like asking "...using only a hammer, how do I screw in a nail?" ;)

probably one of the funnier things I've read this week...but how many times have you pounded a screw in with a hammer!!:eek:

MrMusicAu said:
Thanks for the obvious!
hmmmm.... snarky, aren't we?!?!?!

With only 33 posts, how the FUCK am I supposed to know what you already know and what you don't know...........?!?!? Next time, post details of what you tried and didn't try and then maybe we wouldn't waste YOUR fucking time with our answers......... :rolleyes:

Gimme a fuckin' break........... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OK, I guess I must apologize if I had offended anyone with my remarks as a result of getting silly answers and not direction!

Here's what I found out for those of you who are interested in trying to get a song in concert pitch!

1. If you have Digital Orchestrator Plus, a Guitar that's in 440 Concert Pitch, or any other instrument in concert pitch. Then Open CEP2 and click on [Effects] menu, then choose [Time/Pitch] from the sub-menu which then gives you another threee options.

2. Click on Stretch and a dialog box should appear.

3. If the Constant Stretch tab is not selected, click on it.

4. In the [Precision] frame, make sure the High Precision is selected.

5. In the [Stretching Mode] frame, make sure the Pitch Shift (Preserves Tempo) is selected.

6. At the top of the dialog box is a slide bar named [Stretch %].

7. To set the song to it's original pitch, slide the bar either to the left or right until the Ratio next to the slide bar shows 100 or alternatively using the left and right arrow buttons on either side of the slide bar or simply click into the Ratio field and type 100.

8. Click on the Preview button to set the song in motion.

9. while the song is playing, raise or lower the pitch with the left or right arrow buttons on either side of the slide bar.

10. check with your instrument and listen carefully and keep adjusting till you think is in tune with your instrument.

11. Stop your preview and click the OK button. It's now in concert pitch.

I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM!

Back