Finding a Collaborator

tedluk

Hello all. I'm a new member of these forums, but been playing a long time, albeit only for my own pleasure.

A little background- I've played keyboards for most of my life (longer than I like to think about). When I was younger, I had bands and wrote a lot of music in a prog rock vein. Eventually, I drifted towards free improvisation, a la Keith Jarrett (though I would never put myself in his class technically).

Well, I got older (who could see that coming?) and music had to take a back-seat to earning a living and trying to keep a marriage together. After 20 years, I came to the conclusion that accomplishing the latter seemed to come at the direct expense of my happiness and sanity.

Single now, happier and, perhaps, saner. I want to DO something with all the ideas in my head. But, here's the thing, I don't seem to be able to get from idea to finished piece. Sometimes it's the sheer frustration of trying to make all these disparate pieces of gear work with me. Sometimes it's just a general malaise and lack of motivation. Whatever it is, I want it to stop!

Now the hard part- articulating what I'm looking for.

I'd love to find someone who has a handle on the technical side of things- MIDI, software, audio, etc. Someone who can streamline things so we don't get bogged down in the minutiae.

I have eclectic tastes from '70's prog rock to alternative jazz and avant-garde. I'm not into hip-hop, rap or country though I'm not adverse to borrowing from any and all genres. I'm an old fart (at least to most of you no doubt). I don't have any grand illusions of vast commercial success but I would love to put together something to justify the 30+ years of practicing and all the equipment I've bought.

I'd be interested in contributing ideas and parts to someone else's music as well as getting help with mine. I have a decently outfitted DAW based home studio that's just itching to be put to good use.

Sorry for the long-winded post.

I'd love suggestions, ideas, anything anyone wants to contribute.

I just need HELP!

TIA,

Ted

Back