Finaly posted another song

rayn_man

hey there,
I was hoping some one could give me a critisism on some things. what are some things you are hearing that I need to work on as a producer or as a songwriter. Thanks. I did everything on this song. and I know there is a part where the vox jump out at the bridge. "don't know how we're confused". other than that this is the begining to a whole new album and could sure use the help. thanks.
ryan www.mp3.com/ryanmcdougall the song is "Dance with kerosene"

Well... you can click the "WWW" button under his post, and get his mp3.com page...

But which song is the new one?

sorry 'bout dat

yes I only woke up with half my brain working today. the other half is still playing checkers with Laetitia Casta. the song is "Dance with Kerosene". thanks.

sounds good nice song good singing-reminds me of the late jeff buckley-who I was lucky enough to see doing a solo show in Athens(best 1 man show ive ever seen). Anyway-the recording sounds pretty damn good-i thought the guitar arpeggios during the first verse were kinda mid-rangey-but they only played during the first verse i think??? Are those real drums-sound like it and they sound good-nice keyboard sound. I'd like to know what kind of equipment was used. Good recording-good song homeboy!

thanks stratomaster

To start out: I used a les paul 75 deluxe through a mesa Dc3 for the main electric guitar micked with an At 25. Bass di. Vocals on akg c3000. yes they are real drums. I played all the parts on the song. I wish I could find people to play with. I think they used to call it having a band. know anyone? The organ sound is an old hammond m3 into a phaser and a delay pedal into the dc3. I am tracking to ADATs. I have 2 of them and a macie 1604 vlzpro. yamaha ns10s. Bellari tube comp and behringer comp. no real comp on the drums though. I just played them with the dinamics I wanted on tape. but I think I squashed everything else pretty well. that should sum it up.
the arpegios? That guitar part carries throught the whole song. but it is pretty naked in the first verse.

i'm green

I wish I could have seen him. he is one of my biggest heros. people have always compaired me to Buckley and I don't quite get it. there are plenty of other people that I think I sound more like. just wondering what makes you say that. He just kicks my ass in every way. he was good. thanks for the complement.
ryan

Back