Finally took the plunge for HD24.

formerlyfzfile

After moving and resetting up and then working all the time, I finally purchased an HD24 ....... UPS says it will be here Tuesday.

I am going to be hooking it up to a Panasonic DA-7 mixing board.

My (1st of a million) question is about word clock and MIDI machine control.

The DA-7 has a nice little section for play/pause/stop/rew/ff and a scrub wheel ......... in order to "remote" the HD24 from the board do I need anything more than the MIDI???

Also (ok 2 questions) for automation on mix down will I need a word clock connection/generator???

thanks

-mike

I don't know how much help this will be but, I sync my ddx3216 to the hd24 with only midi cables. I could use a word clock generator to make it more stable, but it isn't a "requirement" in my setup. As for controling the HD24 from the board, I think you can do that too but, My hd24 is right in front of my face so I just reach up and press the buttons on the HD24. Alesis has the manual online that you can download and search it out to be sure of how to do that. As I said, it may not help much but I gave it a shot. You won't regret your purchase. The HD24 is an amazing piece of machinery.

Chris

Thats very good to know.

Dl'ing the manual is a very good idea.

Thanks much. I cant freakin wait till tuesday........ also have a VLA comming too.

-mike

Its here. Its here.

Stupid me though .......... I ordered 3!!! ADAT lightpipe cables.
NOT 6 like I actually need.

Oh well for now its patchbay hell for a spell.

Can't wait to get the VLA workin with the ADAT and DA7.

No more mousin around.

-mike

Can those lightpipe cable simply be picked up from a local Best Buy or something? They are regular Toslink cables, right? I've bought some pretty long ones (Monster) to run between my DVD and Receiver from Best Buy in the past but I'm not 100% sure those same (type of) cables work between the HD24 and DDX?

-Krag

Good to know. I'm not pre-buying any cables for when (if - being that it's apparently a closeout and no one currently has them and may not get them) the DDX3216 arrives. I'll just go pick up a bunch of needed cables then.

-Krag

My local Radio Shack had 6'-10' ADAT cables on sell for $4.00 each so I bought about 10 of them. So you might want to check there first.

Good to know Deep.

Thanks.

Unit is sounding great to me so far ......... through my M30 board.

Still getting the DA7 hooked up and running.

-mike

Back