Finally my first original

Sounded fine to me - however there's something up with the vocals (singer is fine - must be the tracking/mixing). Perhaps one the heavyweights here can diagnose/help. Those drum/bass/guitar unison passages were very tight - reminded me a little of Rush. Loved the drumming - Keith Moon lives again!

Good stuff.

Hey Psmith66 thanks for the comments I think I overcompressed the vocals I dint save the original takes I think Im going to have to re-record them to fix the proplem

I was trying to get a review on what can i do to get a better sound?But I think this a midi/pod/drum machine /syth/eltro thing going on here.Anybody know where there is a site where its just a full band thing going on.This is a great site But I think its just to much of a one man band thing going on .I never hear full bands here .

I agree with psmith66. The first noticable thing is the vocal. It sounds kind of like it's going through a tube. (Not a electronic tube, I mean a cylinder.) Maybe it's been EQed a lot? Perhaps that was an effect you were going for. How did you record/mix that?

I liked all the riffs and changes in the last half of the song. It made it interesting. Especially the stuff at the fade.

Instruments sound clear and well placed in the mix. But like the other guys said, the vocals need to be "brought forward". Are they over-compressed or just in need of increased level?

Beyond that, good work.

I liked it. The vocals and drums could have been a little more out front. My biggest problem is that it was over compressed. I was watching my spectrum analizer while listening and almost all the frequency bands were pegged at 100%. Was this some processing you did to master the MP3 or is this how the "Hi Fi" mix sounds too?

Hey Jgourd I used music match to convert it to mp3.I though the signal might of been to hot but I tracked everything hot and it just mixed down that way do you think I need to bring the levels down?

What part of Boston you live in Im doing some work down there.
I checked out your site do you have your own studio or do you just do moble work I though your stuff sounded really good.

Im going to buy a rnc compresser and try that out the commpresser i used while tracking was a peice of shit and i didnt think the sounded even enough so i sent it thru cwfx a couple of times at the time a though it sounded good till the next day . I still have to record vocals on 8 more songs.so I have to figure out what Im doing wrong.

Norm

very nice intro.

In general, I liked the drums and guitars.

I think the vocal is too effected. The singer sure has emotion though, which is really nice.

Thanks Cyan for taking the and listening.I think I made a giant improvement from my last recording I did on all the instruments.I just havent quite figured out how to record vocals.Im going to build a vocal booth and get a better compresser.And go from there.

Nice job, norm ;)

The song sounded very remeniscent of Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.
Great instrumental break.... lots of raw energy!
Mix-wise, I'd bring down the drums ever so slightly and boost the bass a bit to give the song more punch.
Other than that, I enjoyed it alot. :)

Buck

I have to agree, the vocals are the problem (not the singer, the vocals) - they sound way too "detached" from the instuments.

When the instuments play alone, everything sounds better. Uncompress! A cool rock song, though!

Respectfully,
Mr. SM 57

Well Shailat you had to ask all the time I Put into recording the band I srewed myself and vocals came out like shit.I did play keyboards though they didnt come out to bad but its kind of hard to screw them up just plugging them in.Anyways I re-recorded vocals and I think I figured out the secret I tracked with no compression I sent it back thru my board inserted a compresser and my mpx1 and I used the Eq and compresser to dial the vocals right in where they should sit it sounds great I'll re- post this weekend when Im done. thanks Dave and Mr 57 for the comments.

Norm

Back