Finally got some pictures up...

Nice assortment of mic's. Going for the ferris wheel affect?
That's alot of gear. Who's music do you record in your studio? Your band or others. Is this a hobby?

It looks like its turned into much more than that.

Looks nice.

How big is the studio?

Well a few years ago me and a buddy hooked up to record each others bands and it grew from there. Currently we produce a lot of local acts as well. If business continues to be pretty steady we will be looking for a bigger place as we have run out of room in the basement.

Dude, thats not fair. This is a "home" recording forum. You just make people jelous and want to spend more money. seriously. Do I need to get that many mics. Also, do I need to mic every drum on the drum kit or just the bass and snare and omni mics for the rest or what. What has worked best for you??

Ya that's an excessive amount of mic's for a home studio, but some of them were borrowed for the picture, so don't feel too bad. That gear does reperesent alot of years of hard work and lots of collecting. Don't think you need too have all that stuff overnight to yield good results. I guess we are just lucky to have a partner who has a serious case of gear addiction. To answer your question about micing drums... we usually mic the kick, snare, toms, maybe the hihatt, and use a pair of overheads for the rest. Seems to work pretty good for us.

Back