Finally!!! Check this out!!!

RockinRob

Hi everyone,

I 've been away for awhile but with good reason. I devoted all my time to completing "Monument to Nothing". Go check it out!!! Listen to the clips!!! take a few minutes to write a review of my CD. I'm so glad it is finally done!

www.cdbaby.com/cd/robrobertson

thanks, RockinRob

RockinRob said:
Hi everyone,

I 've been away for awhile but with good reason. I devoted all my time to completing "Monument to Nothing". Go check it out!!! Listen to the clips!!! take a few minutes to write a review of my CD. I'm so glad it is finally done!

www.cdbaby.com/cd/robrobertson

thanks, RockinRob

Hey Rob,

I like what I am hearing here. I am a big fan of guitar driven instrumentals and I think this would fit into my collection rather nicely.
I listened on my PC speakers at work so I am not going to comment on the mix. The guitar playing and tone that you have encaptured here is sweet.
I enjoyed "One by One" very much so.
I also like the diversity in the songs throughout the samples you have made available, nice work Rob.

I found all the tunes very relaxing and by shutting my eyes I found myself drifting along that fretboard in my minds eye!
I can definitely hear Joe Satriani influences in there especially in the tune "One on One"..... :)

Thanx for sharing Rob. :)

Gorty

Last edited:
Serenity's Bliss lives up to the name blissed out & calm. I'm not all that convinced by the keyboard samples behind the beginning though.
Nice to hear notes & not a blurr of speedntechnique.

Thank you Gorty for your feedback. I hope that Monument to Nothing does become part of your collection. Thanks for checkin it out and your right...computer speakers do not do the music justice.

Thank you RAYC. I didn't want my CD to focus on how flashy or technical I could get. It had to be all about the music. Thanks again.

Later,RockinRob

Beautiful playing, I really enjoyed everything I listened to. The guitar tones are great, the music is tight, the mix sounds good as far as I can tell on my speakers.

I really love the feel of "Sorrow Belongs To Me" It reminds me of the song at the end of the movie Twister.

Thanks Torpid_X for checkin out my cd. "Sorrow Belongs to Me" was the second song that I recorded for "Monument to Nothing". It stayed at #1 hit for 4 months and put me in Spotlight Artist for 3 months at guitar.com in 2002. "Respect the Wind" by Eddie and Alex Van Halen, is the song at the end of Twister. I agree, that song is also very sorrow filled. Thanks for the comparison. Your song "Victom of Death" needs more work but what you have done so far is sounding great! www.soundclick.com/axeslinger this is a friend of mine. He has a very good metal stlye that you might like. thanks,RockinRob

Last edited:
Back