Final MIX to what? choices?

TheJester

I have all my tracks done on my 4-track and i want to mixdown it to the VCR BUT, is it worth it? Can people put VHS to a CD? Should I rent a ADAT?

If you go to the main site of this dot com you will see an interesting article in regards to mixing down to VCR. 1 question you should ask yourself is economic feasibility.
The cheapest way would be to mixdown to a VCR (providing it's a Hi-Fi vcr) Or you can rent a dat at your local music shop. Or if your computer has an internal c/d burner and you have decent sound card you can go straight to c/d.
Or if all else fails, mixdown to cassette,though you will have to deal with the ever present "HISS" factor.
Good Luck!

It also depends on what you want to do with it later. Do you want a master that you can copy casettes from and send to music companies? Are you going to make a CD from it?

If you are going to make a CD from it, the VHS is probably not a good idea. You would have to bring the VHS with you. :) And besides it's better to go digital straight away, so an ADAT, or a 44.1lHz DAT or a PC with a good soundcard.

But if you are going to use it a source to make casettes, the VHS should be fine.

Don't rent an ADAT if your going to do a stereo mixdown, cause U only need 2 channels and a DAT will be sufficient for that, an ADAT would be overkill =)

Sabith

Back