files and folders in stupid fucking windows

Nick The Man said:
yeah i name all the albums with years too .... i dont know if most ripping programs have the abilty
Most don't have the function of adding year to the folder name. But you can go in manually and do it- it's just a folder. And then the ripper takes care of most the work [all the songs- now doing that manually is very annoying].

Problem with year is some bands release a few to a handful of things in a year- specially if you have varioations of demos with different mixes that you keep. So then they aren't exactly in order of release. But combining year + order number of release [order of release # first ofcourse] it'd be a pretty damn good and organized system. But it all depends how organized you want to be really. Persoanlly I try to be as organized as possible with computer files from the start. That way I don't decide I want to become "more organized later" and have to re-setup my entire system basically in structure.

Nosferous said:
Most don't have the function of adding year to the folder name. But you can go in manually and do it- it's just a folder. And then the ripper takes care of most the work [all the songs- now doing that manually is very annoying].

yeah thats what i do

yeah my beatles section got messed up because they put out a few things in the same years

Back