Fender Twins - How Many?

ridgeback

Just picked up a sweety. 1971 Twin Reverb. Mint with original drivers however, mine has no master volume like my bandmates does. Doesn't really matter since I OD with a BlueTube pedal and love the sound. Never liked the Twin's highdrive via channel anyway but love the clean sound and the power can't be beat. My question is where do I go to see the different options that were available on these rigs. We both have silver faces but they are definetly different rigs. He thinks his is a 73.

By the way, if yours doesn't have a master volume, you got the better amp (at least in my opinion). If you just want it for clean sounds, though, you might not agree.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

If you want to keep the resale value high then don't worry about the master channel.

If you really don't care about resale then putting a master channel control is an easy mode on most older fenders. I put one in my 81 Vibrolux but frankly never end up using it. I bought a RAT pedal and that does pretty much what a master channel add on provides.

A better mod is an effects channel but once again you are putting the resale value at risk.

Back