Fender Mustang IV Amp

150w 2x12 Mustang IV

I was almost taking one home to try.

Also, in search of a Solid State live amp that can take a bit of banging around and abuse, for live gigging.
The current amp has a tube which has flaked out a few times during the gigs....so Tubes are fine for recording, a pain in the ass for live, upkeep on a zero $ budget. imo.

There are older ss models though that are in the same price range JC120 $400-$500 or cheaper Ultimate Chorus Fender $150-$200, which are pretty good ss amps. these two do not have the wide array of DSP tones and effects that the Mustang does have...so if using effects this is a huge plus for the Mustang.

The Mustang IV 150watts 2x12 or the Head and Cab.
The cabinet is not built so well is probably the most negative thing Ive read. (using particle board.)

You looking for live or HR use on this amp?

Post please if you get one...

I bought my kid the $99 model for his birthday. The sounds are pretty impressive from the small one so I imagine going through a 12" speaker or two would only sound better. The '80s British preset is what he likes best, but the Tweed Fender setting is good and '90s metal is good. The Line 6 whatever in the same range wasn't even close, but the $179 Orange sounded better in tone but wasn't near as versatile. These are just my opinions.

I'm still kicking this one around, did you get it yet or test it out?

The effects seems like some good reviews, and it seems to have some power behind it.
Maybe its test time here?

Had an experience with the II. It's the same only has less power. It's a very good practice amp for home. Can't tell about the stage, but for home it's perfect. It's the best beginner amp because of the quality, features and bonuses included in one price. It's very good amp for home:)

Back