Fender Japan

I had a wierd Strat metal years JAPAN with the floyd rose type whammy and wasnt impressed.
Then I got that off FENDER 51 - pawn shop series...and its quality was amazing, maybe the best neck ever for my tastes...wow. 2005? or something.

funny story I was searching all over for one and found one for cheap , NOS.....and I went to buy it and noticed it was right here in Dallas where I live.
Seems the store had grabbed some from their huge warehouse and it was never sold, so I bought it new but like 10yrs later or something.... never done that before.
NOS. It wasnt a bg seller and many didnt get it, but some of us had that Squier 51 , like bass 51 look but a guitar and Hard tail with push pull and a fat single coil and double coil on the back.

Fender Japan...top quality , imo. flawless.

I have a Fender Acoustic, made in Japan that I purchased in '79. Plays and sounds good.

I just tripped across this one. A limited color edition MIJ P-Bass. I had a MIJ P-Bass from around 1987 (bought new) which was a similar blue finish - I don't recall the exact name. Anyway, that bass had awesome sound and playability, though my hands are more tuned to a Jazz neck.

Looks like they need to be pre-ordered, as they're not available just yet. Hell, in another day and time I'd get me one of these in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Back