Fender freaks

gibs

Hey, the Fender Discussion Page has gotten too anal-nazi....there's a cool new site at :

http://www.thefenderforum.com/forum/index.php?s=

Brand new....hopefully all the folks here that got banned at the Discussion Page will check it out......

Posts actually get deleted at the FDP for saying you like Les Pauls.....the new site is run more like this one........

Spam Disclaimer: Nope, I don't work for the new forum, I just joined because it's so cool and the other one was sooooo uncool.....:D .......gibs

Last edited:
Dammit, I posted the wrong address....it's fixed now....dammit......dammmitttt.......gibs

So.., how long is it going to take before 90% of the posts are about trying to date a Fender? :D Looks like a pretty decent forum so far, I'll check it out more. Thanks gibs

> Spam Disclaimer: Nope, I don't work for the new forum, I just
> joined because it's so cool and the other one was sooooo
> uncool..... .......gibs

Hmm. Frankly, the posts on this new one seem mighty dim.

The FDP is by far the best Fender site there is and I don't know how you got bounced for discussing Les Pauls unless it was in the wrong forum.

Lots of times some halfwit starts flaming and the whole thread gets DOBed because of it and no one knows what happened, but there are EXTENSIVE Les Paul discussions going on at any given moment on the FDP in the forum for other brands. If you were discussing them in the wrong forum, you deserve to have the messages bounced, though.

It's hilarious, but another FDP malcontent started his own board for Fender stuff because the FDP was too repressive for his tastes and he immediately began banning everyone. He banned me after my first post simply because I said that building your own instrument was a bad investment.:D

bongolation, I haven't been bounced from there (yet)......but I know lots of folks that have been....I seem to recall that you've had lots of deleted experiences there and you were pretty pissed off........you're not currently under your original screen name there, are ya?...........

If anybody makes the mistake (in the proper forum) of actually mentioning the LP forum, the thread is deleted...and if someone asks for a link, supplying the LP address gets 'em banned.......the new forum is 3 days old........I would imagine it will get brighter rather than dimmer, particularly since some of the brighter people from FDP that used to post have been told to go away.....gibs

The really funny thing about users getting blocked on the FDP was that it was being done accidentally by the software for a long time until the servers were upgraded.

I was convinced that I was being intentionally deleted from the userbase until I actually caught the software doing it when the system was in a state of overload. I then experimentally made two accounts and got the system to block them, too. If the system hung during your login, then the system saw it as a bad password. After three of these in quick succession, the system saw it as a password attack and blocked the user.

So...I don't think that I was ever really bumped off intentionally. Since the upgrade, it hasn't happened at all.

A lot of threads I have posted to have been DOBed, but not for what I said - for the flaming reactions some morons post in response to me or someone else. Avoid Moe's.

One rule on the FDP is not to discuss other external web forums. It doesn't matter which ones. I think this started over something to do with the DudePit. Basically, I don't think it's a bad rule, especially after having read all the tedious drama this starts by "talking behind people's backs." So - getting DOBed for discussing some other Les Paul discussion group is different from getting bounced for discussing Les Pauls.

I put up with the occasional knothead because the FDP has unique access to Fender and because the users are by a substantial margin more knowledgeable, coherent and older. If I want Fender to get to the bottom of a problem, I can get it done in a couple of days there when there are no straight answers ANYwhere else.

I've logged on to the Fender Forum you suggest, above, and have posted a few messages, but I don't see it offering anything yet that I don't get better on the FDP...but I'll certainly give it a try!

Last edited:
Back