Fender Deluxe Vintage Modified?????

I'm glad you finally got it, especially if you got it for the price you had said. The local dealer has a used Deluxe VM with $800 on the tag (he'd go down).

Your experience is similar to mine: it's great getting a new amp with a warranty that has the personality this one does. A friend in St Louis just gave me a Samick HJ 650 (ES-5 copy) that I spent yesterday morning and an hour or so today setting up, and I'm looking forward to plugging a big jazz box into the BM.

Happy playing!

I'm glad you finally got it, especially if you got it for the price you had said. The local dealer has a used Deluxe VM with $800 on the tag (he'd go down).

Your experience is similar to mine: it's great getting a new amp with a warranty that has the personality this one does. A friend in St Louis just gave me a Samick HJ 650 (ES-5 copy) that I spent yesterday morning and an hour or so today setting up, and I'm looking forward to plugging a big jazz box into the BM.

Happy playing!

Yes sir, it cost me $565, and that includes tax. I did give my friend $15 for gas since he made two trips. All and all it ran me $580, I don't think you can find a used one for that price. I'm pretty happy. Now, I've got an itch for a 335, I'm thinking a Dot reissue, but that's a bit down the road.
This new amp has caused me to go into a HR hiatus, but I'll be back eventually.
James

Yes sir, it cost me $565, and that includes tax. I did give my friend $15 for gas since he made two trips. All and all it ran me $580, I don't think you can find a used one for that price. I'm pretty happy. Now, I've got an itch for a 335, I'm thinking a Dot reissue, but that's a bit down the road.
This new amp has caused me to go into a HR hiatus, but I'll be back eventually.
James

That's about what I paid for the Band-Master head (minus the gas money -- or maybe, GAS money), so I'd say you got a great deal.

The Band-Master sounds good on anything. I've been discussing the issue of a 15" speaker cab at another tech-oriented forum, and it'll take me a while to get it all together. After I got the Samick jazzbo properly set up I plugged into it and it was terrific...but I forgot about how live these big archtop boxes are!

We're doing our final round of rehearsal for a gig coming up next weekend (original material) and that will be the 335. But you know how it is: whatever's in your hands is the best guitar you've ever played.

Hope to hear from you when you've had a chance to play it ensemble. The only thing that keeps mine from being my numero uno is that I have those lightweight Blues Jr and Jazzmaster amps.

Back