Female Vocal Mic

Wow, that's quite a difference, Alan. Here they are about 60-80 Percent of the respective Neumann equivalent, possibly less. Every now and then you see special OEM mics for large (German) retailers without interchangeable capsules. A cardioid SD like that is usually about half the price of a KM184. But then again we pay almost twice the US price for our SP mics. Hope that'll change soon with your new distribution scheme! I've been pimping SP mics on the German Keyboards board for a while ( http://forum.keyboards.de ). We finally deserve low prices, the demand is there ;)

An update:

The T3 arrived yesterday. I promptly plugged it into the VTB-1 and gave them a half hour to warm up. "Warm up" they did!
First off, this is a very hot mic. I needed a lot less gain at the pre than the C1. With the VTB-1 on s.s., the mic sounded great, but when I dialed in the tube (12:o'clock position), the sound opened up and really smoothed out. I tried a loud vocal (about 12-18" from the mic - it was great. Then I tried a very intimate, close up, whispering vocal. That's when I was really impressed. Every syllable, nuance, was captured in perfect detail. This is a singer's mic. This mic could really make a ballad.
As for the original question in this thread, the mic sounds superb with my better half's voice. There's is no "honk" in this mic. It imparted a natural silky quality to her voice, which is just what I was looking for! Descriptions? Warm, smooth, delicate, sensitive, silky. Starting to see a pattern here? I love this mic. Together with the C1 and the VTB-1, I'm covered for all my vocal needs for less than a grand.
Also, kudos to Alan Hyatt for his personal involvement and help. He has an old-fashioned view of customer service - and that's refreshing in today's business world.

p.s. When I was in Guitar Center the other day picking up a balanced cable, I overheard a salesman explaining a shock mount to a customer, and why he needed one.
"You see, the shock mount kindof works like suspended animation".
"Yeah?"
"Yeah, it keeps the mic in suspended animation."
"Oh.":rolleyes:

Buffalo Bob said:
An update:

The T3 arrived yesterday. I promptly plugged it into the VTB-1 and gave them a half hour to warm up. "Warm up" they did!
First off, this is a very hot mic. I needed a lot less gain at the pre than the C1. With the VTB-1 on s.s., the mic sounded great, but when I dialed in the tube (12:o'clock position), the sound opened up and really smoothed out. I tried a loud vocal (about 12-18" from the mic - it was great. Then I tried a very intimate, close up, whispering vocal. That's when I was really impressed. Every syllable, nuance, was captured in perfect detail. This is a singer's mic. This mic could really make a ballad.
As for the original question in this thread, the mic sounds superb with my better half's voice. There's is no "honk" in this mic. It imparted a natural silky quality to her voice, which is just what I was looking for! Descriptions? Warm, smooth, delicate, sensitive, silky. Starting to see a pattern here? I love this mic. Together with the C1 and the VTB-1, I'm covered for all my vocal needs for less than a grand.

Told Ya! ;)
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=72604

Seriously though, thats great! I'm glad to hear it's working out well for you. It's nice to know that someone else feels the same way I do about this mike. Proof that I'm not hearing things.

I just came in here to see what a Female Vocal Mic looks like? I saw Male Vocal Mic in another line matching forum and HE seemed really lonely. Can you connect a male vocal mic together with a female vocal mic whithout using an adapter?

SoMm

Son of Mixerman said:
I just came in here to see what a Female Vocal Mic looks like? I saw Male Vocal Mic in another line matching forum and HE seemed really lonely. Can you connect a male vocal mic together with a female vocal mic whithout using an adapter?

Be careful, there. Didn't Pete Townshend get busted for downloading pictures of underage microphones doing that kind of stuff?

Sometimes I wonder about you guys. :rolleyes:
OBVIOUSLY a FEMALE vocal mike has a female XLR on the mike; it needs a MALE XLR plug to go into it.

geez!!

:D

Back