Female vocal group needs help.

Lizzy K

Hi guys just wondering if you could help me and my friends.We are in a female vocal group but we do not have a band to play with but we want to record a demo but we don't know where to start! Could someone help us please

Look up "recording studio" in the yellow pages and contact a couple of places. They are in touch w musicians in the area and might be able to help you out. Good luck.

Well, for starters, fill out the user profile so we have some idea where you are. The fact that I have a studio in Massachusetts won't help you much if you are in East L.A..-Richie

What style of music? Are you looking for a favor or are you willing to pay? Do you need musicians for the recording project or do you want to keep them around for gigs? What is your location? Do you have an age limit? Give us a little more info and mayby we can help more, good luck any way.

Well what we were thinking of doing instead of getting a band for our demo was doing an accapella demo as we can all sing in harmony and our voices work very well together and the people we send the demos to will then have a good idea of how we sound together.What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?

Lizzy K said:
Well what we were thinking of doing instead of getting a band for our demo was doing an accapella demo as we can all sing in harmony and our voices work very well together and the people we send the demos to will then have a good idea of how we sound together.What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?

Well I'm always up for Irish vocal groups, so send me a copy if you make one. What's the style of music?

Lizzy K said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............................. Don't do that u will get embarrased because no one really cares to hear accapella on a demo cd if u came into our studio and brought a cd that was accapella u would get some crazy looks. If they want 2 hear u accapella they will ask u to sing on the spot other than that don't do an accapella demo please don't

Local music shops are a good place to post a flyer. Also if you have a college town nearby, dorms and other bulletin boards are a good idea too. Try going as many "open mic nights" as possible, most clubs or coffeeshops have them. No offense intended, but the words "All Female" is going to get you responses pretty quickly. :D Good luck.

Back