Feeler: Looking for a 990

nickd123

Just as the title says I may be interested in purchasing an MXL 990 within the next week. I need a simple XLR mic for podcasting and the 990 fits the bill. If someone has one that they'd be willing to sell me at a fairly low price, let me know, and I will definitely consider it.

Not 100% sure that I'm ready to buy right now, but I figured I'd at least post the feeler to see what was out there.

Nick

I have an MXL 992/993 pair that I'm looking to sell. Let me know if you're interested in that.

Just wanted to make sure that you are aware of the mic needing phantom power. Im not sure what kind of setup you are working with but I would hate for you to buy this mic because of the price and then not know why it doesnt work. If you are interrested in opinions of others here on the board, be more specific about what you intend to do and Ill bet you that we could help get you set up with the basics for less money in the long run....

I've got one I'll sell you cheap. It doesn't have a shockmount, only the normal one and I hand molded the grill in an attempt to squash any plosives(not really sure it worked but it didn't change the sound of the mic one bit). I'd let it go for 30 bucks shipped. Let me know if you want it.

Back