Feel my love

polarity

Need to finish the song but curious if this guitar sound is better than the last few I've posted. Singing still needs a little work but sounds pretty good to me.

The first chord immediately reminded me of *insert any 80's guitar ballad*.
It's recognizable, sounds good to me.

Your voice was a bit muffled. You sing nice :)

The first chord immediately reminded me of *insert any 80's guitar ballad*.

Ditto this. I was reminded of being at the dance in the gymnasium, boys on one side, girls on the other, each group lacking the balls to talk to the other.

Singing still needs a little work

Turn a knob slightly to add some treble and your work is done.

I thought the guitar sound was quite good.

Take your guitar and start singing this on a street corner in the city and you'll be dodging panties from every direction.

Sounding really good man. I do agree that the vocal sounds a bit 'muffled'. Quite rare for me to say "I wish it had more ess's". :)

You know, even incomplete, it sounded like a really good intro for the next song that SC brought up. (Pumped up Kicks it appears)

It's a bit thin overall, but the guitar tone would be good in a full mix.

I haven't really tried to do any full mixes for myself, just acoustic stuff mostly. The guitar sound is really what I've been working on. I did some DI stuff before and some of the guys here gave me tips on mic'ing the guitar to get a good sound. Hopefully I'm getting closer to that.

I'm not sure why the vocal came out muffled, didn't really change anything in my setup on that one. I was singing it first thing in the morning and maybe I was dozing off and turning from the mic or something.

I haven't really tried to do any full mixes for myself, just acoustic stuff mostly. The guitar sound is really what I've been working on. I did some DI stuff before and some of the guys here gave me tips on mic'ing the guitar to get a good sound. Hopefully I'm getting closer to that.

I'm not sure why the vocal came out muffled, didn't really change anything in my setup on that one. I was singing it first thing in the morning and maybe I was dozing off and turning from the mic or something.

I was doing some mixing the other day and as I was bring up the cymbals in the mix, I noticed the vocals starting to change. I was really surprised but it goes back to what has been discussed numerous times on the board, the relationship of frequencies to the overall mix.

Not sure if that makes any sense or if I am full of crap, but I know what I heard and it was pretty interesting to me the relation of each track to the other.

I guess the acoustic sounds pretty good to me. I don't know what a truly good or merely adequate acoustic guitar recording sounds like, but this doesn't strike me as bad, so I suppose it's okay. The vocals are a little dull, but not too bad.

Thanks Greg.

The singer/songwriter acoustic style is definitely what I'm doing. The guitar still doesn't sound great yet but part of that is my playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BLVznuWnU

That would be the sound I want, something that clean and full sounding. Not sure what I'm missing yet to get there, it could be the instrument itself. It could be the playing or it could be the room still as I only have limited treatment up so far. I'm still taking any tips to improve.

Back