Feedback welcome

i was a bit hesitant when i read the description of the song, because it sounded like some cheesy christian thing, which isn't my thing.

but i had a listen. i thought it sounded beautiful.

reminds me of tori amos.

the instruments all individually sound really really good and bright. i love the vocals and harmonies as well.

the mix is excellent. was this recorded at home or in a studio?

the only thing i thought was lacking, was maybe the drumming. it sounded good but i think maybe have them heavier, or add more things to it. it sort of sounds like a click track at the moment.

but other then that, i'm jealous!

good stuff.

Iliked the song, vox were a bit too bright IMO.

ONly thing i didnt like was that allthough the singer was obviously talented.

She seemed to seriously lack emotion and soul in her performance.

Its not enough to just sing the part right.

Put some feeling in that shit.

In gereal speaking, it is a nice song though. :)

Thanks for the replies.

sandwiches,

the mix is excellent. was this recorded at home or in a studio?

This was recorded in my kid's playroom actually (I dont know if the piles of toys made an effective bass trap or not) I am just in the process of building a home studio and I just got the control room finished enough so I could give it a try - so this is my first mixing done in it.

the only thing i thought was lacking, was maybe the drumming. it sounded good but i think maybe have them heavier, or add more things to it. it sort of sounds like a click track at the moment.

Well, in the drummer's defence, he was playing to the piano and vocal tracks, with nothing else. I kept trying to encourage him to get heavier in parts, but he couldn't see how it was going to fit into the song. As soon as I got the other instruments recorded, and he had a listen, he said "man I wish I had played heavier."

I would like to rerecord the drum track after the recording room is done.

xfinsterx,

I will listen closer to the vocals. One thing I have been noticing in my new room, is a build up in the lower frequencies. I am going to be away for a few days of vacation, but as soon as I get back I will be adding a few more traps to try to deal with this.

Thank you both for the kind words and the helpful comments

Back