Feedback please!

Starts off nicely. The vocal is nice. Bright but not harsh.
The distorted guitar is really washed out and the track is definitely clipping when it kicks in. 1:04 in the left speaker.
The drums are equally far back and seem to be panned to the left and distant while the vocal is up really far.

I think that the best way to summarize this mix is that it starts out sounding properly well done but when the "real band" elements kick in (electric guitar/drums), the quality dips.

I agree with the above. Great start, then everything kicks in and it falls apart. I would try and pull your levels back to match that of the vocals at the start.

Just suggestions, but the electric doesn't have to jump out so far. It can stay back and still have the drive effect. If you pull that back, then you can reduce everything else and probably get it to balance better. Bass is a little heavy, but if you pull some volume down, that probably works itself out as well.

Nothing major, just sounds like some volume fighting.

My 2 cents.

It's a competently performed and recorded song. I like the vocalist. Many small details (vocal vibrato, drum sound, overall reverb, guitar tone, among others) lean heavily on a 1980's kind of metal/ballad thing, and it certainly works in that capacity.

Good stuff.

Overall good sounds recorded, I think it's the choices of panning that I don't like - hard panned guitars, and the backup vocals very low panned left and right sound like someone added those after the original mixing - they don't blend in with the lead vocal. Same thing with the 'can you hear me shout' parts towards the end. The lead guitar is a bit loud and the tone is not ideal on it, in the 'quiet part' after the lead, it's actually too quiet, specially the vocal.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all your feedback guys! I will definitely keep it mind when making changes

Why is the kick off centre? That's quite off putting.
The guitars sound a bit too harsh/brittle.
Sounds like a country tune does in 80's hair metal studio with hair metal studio musicians.
Song'd sound great with a different arrangement/genre's production values.

The vocals sounds great! Overall very good mix!

I I felt like there is too much space for every instrument that its not blending well. I think there is too much panning and every sound has its own distance which makes it hard to bring them together. just some suggestions. dont know if it will help.
  • I don't know if you could and take out the panning.
  • And i think it might help with taking out the reverb and adding just delay for the vocals. vocals sound a bit too wet compared to the drums and guitar.
  • Also, try using a glue compressor int he master , just a tad to bring them all together.

Back