Feedback on overall mix?

yeah there is a obvious mud factor going on.....first place I would look is the guitar.......you can hear it when there palm muting....

Cool tune. I like it. A fine mix too except for all that compression. I think it would still deliver the same message if it were opened up just a little bit. Perhaps a little more brightness or air would help it. I'm not sure where though, maybe the snare or something. I haven't listened to it enough to put my finger on it. The guitars, bass, and kick seem to all be trying to occupy the same low-mid range. That seems distracting to me. It's real enjoyable otherwise.

The level on everything is just right. You did good with the vocals too. They sound sweet.

There is some kind of skip at about 1:33, but that might just be an mp3 thing.

I'm just a rookie so, don't take this too seriously. :)
RawDepth

I think this sounds really great. The only things I would do is add some high end somewhere in the likes of 5-9k with about a .06 Q. Not a whole lot maybe 4db or so. Also, I would try less compression on the drums and more on the main buss just to tighten things up.If you try the 2buss compression more though, make sure you bump the vox up a touch to compensate. I'd be interested to hear how this sounds with those few adjustments. Oh and one more thing, check your autotune settings on the vox. It's not too terribly noticeable, but I would bring the retune fader down more towards relaxed. Im hearing a little jitteriness in the transitions between notes.

Back