Feedback on my voice!!

Just listened, I think you could learn but you need work. It sounds like you are just rushing through the words without trying to sing along with the music playing. You need to work on timing and diction, for most of the clips (I listened to both that were on your soundcloud) I couldn't really understand what you were singing and when I could and could hear the music you weren't in sync with it at all. Pitch wise, there were lots of little problems but you were able to move around the notes and jumping into your head voice was actually nice and clear and sounded good.

In short I would say that you are not currently a good singer, but you have the tools you need and just need some practice and you could be.

I hope that helps, I also hope you don't see any of this as an insult. I'm just trying to give honest criticism to help you improve.

Just listened, I think you could learn but you need work. It sounds like you are just rushing through the words without trying to sing along with the music playing. You need to work on timing and diction, for most of the clips (I listened to both that were on your soundcloud) I couldn't really understand what you were singing and when I could and could hear the music you weren't in sync with it at all. Pitch wise, there were lots of little problems but you were able to move around the notes and jumping into your head voice was actually nice and clear and sounded good.

In short I would say that you are not currently a good singer, but you have the tools you need and just need some practice and you could be.

I hope that helps, I also hope you don't see any of this as an insult. I'm just trying to give honest criticism to help you improve.

No. I dont see any of this as an insult. Actually your critisim is a lot better than expected. And thanks for your honest reply. I am not really afraid of work especially if it is gonna move me forward. So i am looking forward to it. I was mostly afraid of my timbre that people would find it annoying. And as i said i have almost no singing experience beforehand except for a couple karoeke nights. So i kinda knew i wasnt a good singer :D. But hey if there is something workable in my throat i will try my best to bring it out.

So thanks for the reply .

Plusses and minuses:

+ you have pretty good pitch -- you're not really going flat or sharp the way that a lot of untrained singers do. You're moving around on the notes in ways that are amateurish I guess, but your basic understanding of how to sing in tune is very much there -- that is a good thing, and hard to learn. You've got that natural talent. Use and develop it.
+ you're expressing some good emotional content
+ the timbre of your voice is suited to your chosen style of music. Worth working on. The only "annoying" things were technical, not ingrained in your voice.

- you're missing something called breath support, which is the core skill of singing. Not all styles of music sing on the breath the way a gospel or opera singer does, however. But it should be a choice, not just a default.
- you're mumbling some things. This comes from not pronouncing consonants mostly, but also in not having control of your vowel sounds. You don't need to be as clipped and overly defined as an English choirboy, but this should be part of your instrument.
- a recording issue -- you are making lots of mic and stand noise. Work on being aware of what will make sound and vibration in your recordings.

I think you're going to be a good singer if you work on it. If you are at all religious, spending a few years singing with a local church choir will help teach you how to sing. It's like free lessons - plus you get to hear a sermon every week and make friends. :)

Just keep at it. You're brave and open minded to post here. I'll post some of my family Christmas album that I recorded in a bunch of single takes this December and you can hear all of my mistakes... and I've sung in several choirs! :)

Your enunciation is terrible, but your pitch is good enough for any popular genre and your timbre is okay.

Plusses and minuses:

+ you have pretty good pitch -- you're not really going flat or sharp the way that a lot of untrained singers do. You're moving around on the notes in ways that are amateurish I guess, but your basic understanding of how to sing in tune is very much there -- that is a good thing, and hard to learn. You've got that natural talent. Use and develop it.
+ you're expressing some good emotional content
+ the timbre of your voice is suited to your chosen style of music. Worth working on. The only "annoying" things were technical, not ingrained in your voice.

- you're missing something called breath support, which is the core skill of singing. Not all styles of music sing on the breath the way a gospel or opera singer does, however. But it should be a choice, not just a default.
- you're mumbling some things. This comes from not pronouncing consonants mostly, but also in not having control of your vowel sounds. You don't need to be as clipped and overly defined as an English choirboy, but this should be part of your instrument.
- a recording issue -- you are making lots of mic and stand noise. Work on being aware of what will make sound and vibration in your recordings.

I think you're going to be a good singer if you work on it. If you are at all religious, spending a few years singing with a local church choir will help teach you how to sing. It's like free lessons - plus you get to hear a sermon every week and make friends. :)

Just keep at it. You're brave and open minded to post here. I'll post some of my family Christmas album that I recorded in a bunch of single takes this December and you can hear all of my mistakes... and I've sung in several choirs! :)

I live in a Muslim country and mosques don't have choirs but school choir would work too I guess?? :D İ can take private classes too I have been checking out some of the teachers in my local area. I have got some pretty good candicates.

To be honest school choirs probably won't work. Very few teach proper singing, they just let people sing, and as a result it usually is more akin to synchronised and in tune football singing. Church singing is choral, and has sections, each singing against another in soprano, alto, tenor and baritone vocal ranges, and emphasis is put on correct enunciation, with the conductor doing vocal gymnastics. Got any musical theatre groups? They do vocal warm ups that do mouth work. If not, then it's music teacher territory.

There is an incredible tradition of chanted calls to prayer by the Muzzein -- there is surely a lot of vocal talent and training to be had! Those guys are awesome.

I also have a lot of respect for the Cantors and Cantorial soloists in the Jewish tradition. My school choir in Delaware toured both cathedrals and synagogues in Toronto and New York. It was definitely an official choir with real training.

:)

There are probably YouTube videos about breath support, diction, enunciation, and vowel formation that would constitute a free course, if you're committed enough to work without a teacher.

If English is your second language, then working on the correct pronunciation of consonants and so on would be helpful.

There are probably YouTube videos about breath support, diction, enunciation, and vowel formation that would constitute a free course, if you're committed enough to work without a teacher.

If English is your second language, then working on the correct pronunciation of consonants and so on would be helpful.

I think private teacher is the best option for me right now.

Thanks for the answer.

Back