Feedback on demo reel please

espskully

I was looking around at production companies in town and found one that employs a guy I did a TV show with ages ago (he was producer/ director). I contacted him and asked if he would like a demo. I told him about the placements I've had and that I want to get involved on a local level.

We are going to meet next week.

Here is my existing reel:

http://www.gunnar.ca/reel.html

What do you guys think? Feedback? Suggestions?

The goal is to commission some work from these guys for some commercials, TV shows, what have you.

Thank you!

Man if you don't get some work out of this I'd be surprised. Excellent - I heard a real variety of stuff that all could be used in ads etc...
I like the way you arranged it too, mixing it up. Kept my interest throughout - easy to do when the music is so good!
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

PS - Any word on the festival stuff - will you be posting the recordings ?

Man if you don't get some work out of this I'd be surprised. Excellent - I heard a real variety of stuff that all could be used in ads etc...
I like the way you arranged it too, mixing it up. Kept my interest throughout - easy to do when the music is so good!
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

PS - Any word on the festival stuff - will you be posting the recordings ?

Thanks 57. I hope you're right - the ultimate for me is sitting in the studio, writing, recording and producing.

Unfortunately the cameras that were rolling weren't recording - just a live stream.

I am however recording over the next few months at a great club in town. I'm doing a live CD. I'll certainly post that. I have 3 tunes so far and need another 7.

Cheers bro.

Sounds decent to me man...good tone, and I like this style of music. It's odd, and has some great mood changes. I like that...this is all very different. Could fit alot of stuff....

Thanks Steve. The lack of desire to be in a band anymore and travel and such. I still enjoy playing live once in a while (I need it). But my true passion is in the studio (well - my basement makeshift studio ;) ). I started hearing stuff on TV that was almost identical to what I was doing for fun. Getting a few placements in the US has been very inspiring and keeps me wanting to do it.

Back