Feedback, if you'd be so kind

Hey jimmiebananas,

For the acoustic guitar I would try to thicken things up a tad, by a boost in the lows slightly. The overall guitar tone that has been captured is very clear, I just re-read your post and saw that you used an SM58 for recording which can be very harsh for guitars, the SM58 being primarily a vocal mic.

Very meloncollie, Bob Dylan style vocals.

I enjoyed listening, very mellow.
I might add also that I listened on my pc speakers.

Nice Work!

Gorty

I really like the sound of the song man. Just watch out on those guitars. They are a smidge out of tune with each other, and it really is apparent in a few spots. Also, it seems like the vocals are lacking a bit of high frequencies that would give it a more airy tone. So maybe try playing around with the eq a little bit and see if you can find a spot that gives you a more open tone. This would be a _great_ song to which to introduce drums halfway through too ;)

the only thing that stands out is that the vocal sounds like it is being sung in a closet.

I would add a more performance oriented space to it, like a small chamber with a midlenght decay 1.5 secs or so.

Thanks for the input everyone. Just the comments I was looking for. Only thing I can't change is adding drums unfortunately. I'd love to but all I've got for drums is what is programmable on my br-864 and they sound so bad I don't even bother.

Back