Feedback, if you'd be so kind

I think you have done well with what you have, sounds pretty good!

First, I liked the two acoustic guitar parts, you seem to have a good handle on making the two parts blend and complement one another. That is beautuful. The sound is pretty darn good, a little boomy and muddy, but not bad at all, and in fact pleasing to listen to.

The song is a bit repetitive and monotone, which may appeal to some who are used to hearing alot of the alternative acoustic rock artists the last few years, which are very much coockie-cutter, but yours is more of a contemporary folk style, which I like. This song needs more feeling, and something to make me want to hear the lyrics, which didn't stand out for me at all. When I listened to the words, I liked what the song is saying, very well done!

Your singing needs some assistance for this song, which I think you could easily correct, if you aggree with what I am hearing which is this. You are scooping up to higher notes and sliding down to the lower notes which detracts my interest. The range of the song, the melody range is very limited, so it needs to be arranged to be melodically more appealing. As I stated before, it is a repetitive melody throughout most of it which does not provide enough distintion throughout the song, to pull my interest in and keep it there. I think the melody of a song should fit the lyrics, and in this song, it just doesn't do that.

Again, nice, very very nice guitar sound, very well-written lyrics, very nice contemporary folk sound and feel. With some tweaking of the melody and vocals, it will work beautifully! Good stuff! Thanks for sharing, and I would love to hear it after you tweak it some more. Thanks for putting up with my two cents.

Thanks so much for the listen Rick. Your critique was very comprehensive. I completely agree with your opinion on the vocals. Vocals are easily the weakest thing I have to offer a song. I've actually been toying with some things to spice up the singing a bit, I'm sure I'll have a redo soon. I liked the contemporary folk instead of acoustic rock comment because that's certainly the type of lyrical/folky sound I'm going for and not the Howie Day type acoustic music.

Back