Feedback Appreciated

I think the pan guitars are nice, but, sorry, I don't like vocals: both line and performance. The tune is nice, but voice is the most important thing in a vocal track, and here imo are not "strong" enough.

Fret said:
We are working on our finishing our demo and I’m hoping for some feedback. The best one to listen to is probably It’s Over Now.

Thanks

www.chuckbarnard.com/kidcrimson

Ok, the melody and music is nice. The singing makes me wanna get a running start and throw myself head-first down a flight of stairs. He sounds like a Microsoft programmer singing to the radio while driving home from work in Seattle traffic in his BMW. While the singer was holding that off-key note in the chorus (It's overr nowwwwww) my dog (nicknamed Bob Rock) howled and scooted his fat ass under the bed. 5 minutes later... he's still under the bed whimpering and we can't get him to come out.

What you need to do is get the singer drunk.. or wasted or something.. to help bring "emotion" to the performance. You could get the singer a hooker perhaps. He needs to ease up.. loosen up... and relax. The singer needs to spend some time away from Starbucks, and more time digging through dumpsters. I LOVE the tone in his voice... and he is so close.. but you know what? He needs to get wasted more often, dig through more dumpsters, and get laid.. by more chicks than just his girlfriend. In fact.. a few different girls each day wouldn't hurt! Maybe 3 girls and one singer in the same bed.. passing a bottle of Vodka around.. yeah.. that's a little more like it.

That and maybe... that Autotune program.

You'll be on the right track! ;)

That's great and all but what about the vocals. Ouch! lol

Anything else? I can't change the singer but what can I do?

AdrianFly said:
The singing makes me wanna get a running start and throw myself head-first down a flight of stairs.

These are the words I was looking for... :D

I think you don't have to change your singer, I think he must change a bit his singing, I agree with AdrianFly. Let the singer listen to his track over and over. I think he'll understand...

Good luck

As it is turning out this is just a studio project and we will be going our separate ways after this project so I’m not really concerned with the singer. Any suggestions that I can do to improve the recording process?

Back