FedEx lost my Tascam 38!

morte sicura

Hi everyone, this is more of a vent than anything at this point but...

Tuesday I took a day off without pay to meet the FedEx ground truck with my 38. It was "on FedEx truck for delivery" according to their website. Of course, I found out that evening that they stuck it on the wrong truck!!! Oh well, at least it was a gorgeous day.

Wednesday, I obviously didn't feel I could just disappear from work for another day so I worked from 11am to 4pm and I left a note for the delivery person to leave it (yikes!) as suggested by the phone rep from the night before. I'd also been told the truck usually showed activity in my 'hood around 5pm, so I requested a 6pm delivery, although I was told this may not be possible; hence the note.

Just before 8pm, I called in again to ask whether the package was on a truck at all - since the only change on the website was the expected date of delivery. I was told there hadn't been any new scanning activity since the day before, when the unit took a ride around the other side of town on that "other" truck. A call to another 800 number initiated a trace and I was hoping I'd get a call back on that later this evening, but no dice.

Anyway, maybe it's too early to tell, but I just felt like sharing this with the board. I'll probably post this over at TapeOp too. This unit is supposed to be packaged in "royal" fashion, so hopefully the extra handling won't be detrimental.

Andrew

it is here.

Okay, I got it this afternoon, only two days late. it was fantastically packaged! outer box + peanuts + inner box + more peanuts + bubble wrap + styrofoam wall built around reel tables. One table is still out of adjustment though. I'm gonna search on that and start a thread if I don't find anything. More soon,

andrew

The reel table adjustment height procedure is in your manual.

You won't like it. It's easy to perform, but a pain in the ass to get to.

it is here.

Okay, I got it this afternoon, only two days late. it was fantastically packaged! outer box + peanuts + inner box + more peanuts + bubble wrap + styrofoam wall built around reel tables. One table is still out of adjustment though. I'm gonna search on that and start a thread if I don't find anything. More soon,

andrew

FEDEX

I do not like FedEx because:
My FedEx man is a moron. He climbs 20 steps to leave packages at a dead door that says "Use Back Door". Every time. The back door has 2 steps.
He also knocked on the door once. By the time I got there, no package and no slip. I had to drive 30 minutes to get to the hidden FedEx location (Not one FedEx sign on the building) to get my package.

UPS charges too much, and stopped providing customer service at their locations.

So I use USPS. The USPS has better customer service and delivery than FedEx and USPS.

When I got my Ghost delivered I was at work and decided to check the status on the net. I was expecting to go home in the afternoon for the delivery but the online tracking said it had already been delivered and signed for by someone I didn't know!

I raced home and found the console just sitting outside of my apartment. I couldn't believe it. A $3k insured box and they just left it on my doorstep. Luckily it was so damn heavy it would have been hard for anyone to walk off with it. I could barely get it in the door by myself.

Back