Fear of my own self - original rock

I didn't have time to read through all the replies, so forgive me if this is all rehash.

The drums sound pretty good all around, if a little dry maybe. The guitars are almost there, but maybe they could use a bit more presence--some mid range bite. Vocals are sitting pretty well in general. The biggest thing lacking (on my computer speakers) is the bass. (It's not a great system, but it's a 2.1 system so it can reproduce bass.) It's barely audible at all. It just sounds hollow and lacking in the fundamental frequency. Other than that, nice work! :)

Thanks guys for taking a re-listen.

Famous, did you listen to the first mix or version 3? I added substantial amount of bass over the first one since everyone said that it was lacking. If you listened to the latest version and your still not hearing bass, I am wondering if maybe the bass is too low in the frequency. Its actually sounds like too much bass through my monitors but I am still getting used to them.

Seems to be lots of bass for my AKG headphones which are not hyped.
Thanks ido! I have listened on a few different sources and I can hear it on all of them too.

BTW, I replaced the version with one that has a better(slower) intro drum fill for the beginning of the slow part of that's the one you were talking about.

Last edited:
When the guitars get loud I really like the low fidelity effected vox = reminds me of The Residents.
Cool stuff generally.

Excellent clean guitar sound in the intro, it's dark but still clear, with just a little tiny bit of bite. I like the kind of megaphone vocal sound, and nice background vocal. Drums sound great to me too, love the snare and toms.

I don't hear much bass guitar, it's audible a few times to me when it gets in the higher register but otherwise the kick and low guitars are holding down the low end on their own on my system. Everything is low tuned, so maybe the bass is below my monitors' effective range.

Nice heavy alt-rock song, it moves along very nicely. At times reminds me of Black Sabbath, with a little 90s alt-rock in there too. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Tadpui for the comments! Your the second person to mention being able to hardly hear the bass with the new mix after I re-tracked it. On my end its very noticeable but I hyped the low frequencies that I don't think carry over to normal listening. Back to the drawing board on the bass. I need to re-adjust the EQ and levels and see if I can get it to "pop" out more.

On that subject does anyone know of a free bass sim that helps bring it out in the mix a little better? I have read about trying to highlight upper harmonics of the bass to get it more clear.

Back