Fe Cassettes?

Great link to Melbourne.
I had to import a set of C20 chrome from the US a few years back - it was expensive but I needed them. I wish I had the Melb link then. Nowdays I only use the 4 track occasionally.

Great link to Melbourne.
I had to import a set of C20 chrome from the US a few years back - it was expensive but I needed them. I wish I had the Melb link then. Nowdays I only use the 4 track occasionally.

So at double speed you get five minutes per tape. Seems rather short.

So at double speed you get five minutes per tape. Seems rather short.

IDK. . . An average song is under 5 minutes. . . The cassette medium is really about songwriting and pre-production, at least for a guy like me. . . Keeps it simple, and not likely to tape over something useful. . . And usually I have trouble getting a song to be over 3 minutes anyway :( . . . I'd use 'em. . .

Yeah, not long tapes but they weren't expensive - the shipping was. I bought about 30 so was set for a year or so of 4 track work.
They were an ideal length in that they covered a longish song & there was minimal rewinding - spot finding etc.
I thought they were a good idea. Zoominf Fwd & Rev on a C90 certainly was extra work for motor, capstans & heads (if used).

Back