FD4 to FD8

OrganMiscreant

I've got an FD-8 and I saw an FD-4 listed for about $65 in good working order. (I don't know any other specs yet.)

I assume these can be linked together.

1) How?

2) Will this allow me to record 4 simultaneous tracks?

You can link them with a midi cable. Yes, you can record 4 tracks on one pass. I have 3
fd-8's linked together. They sound great. For the money, you cant beat these machines. Setting up the slave mode can be tricky, because the manual sux. I'd be glad to coach you through the process. Good luck.

Titanship said:
You can link them with a midi cable. Yes, you can record 4 tracks on one pass. I have 3
fd-8's linked together. They sound great. For the money, you cant beat these machines. Setting up the slave mode can be tricky, because the manual sux. I'd be glad to coach you through the process. Good luck.

Thanks.

I'd really appreciate the coaching.

So you have 3 linked together, huh? Does that give you six simultaneous tracks, then?

Isn't there Adat i/o on the FD8? I think there is. Why not buy a Behringer ADA8000 ($200) and record all 8 channels simultaneously? That's definetly what I'd do. The preamps of ADA8000 are much better than the Fostex pres so you'd be improving the sound quality of your recordings too.

PeteHalo said:
Isn't there Adat i/o on the FD8? I think there is. Why not buy a Behringer ADA8000 ($200) and record all 8 channels simultaneously? That's definetly what I'd do. The preamps of ADA8000 are much better than the Fostex pres so you'd be improving the sound quality of your recordings too.

I'm really new to this, so please explain how this works.

PeteHalo said:

By the way, a sound engineer friend told me a month or two ago that he hated Behringer stuff. Is there anything similar to the Behringer ADA8000 for a similar price?

Back