FD-8 to ADAT Question

blue cactus

Hi I have an FD-8 hooked up via optical to a Korg 1212IO ADAT input. Following the manual I have successfully dumped 8 tracks into Logic Audio so far so good BUT it doesn't record what I send to the effects returns in this case a reverb. I have done everything the manual says can anybody help? (I know this is one for Fostex support but they still haven't answered my last question from a month ago)

Many thanks in advance.

Dale

I'm guessing here: the 8 ADAT tracks are your recorded tracks straight off-disk. The effects return is not being fed to the ADAT output. Could you simultaneously record the main stereo out of the Fos to two other tracks - you could set that mix very wet, and use it as an effect track in your PC.

Orc

Surely Logic can cope with more than 8 tracks? Does the 1212 not have anaolgue ins that could record the effects from the FD8 (while the ADAT input records the 'raw' tracks)?

Orc

I've got an fd8 and korg1212. Are you using win 98? I'm looking for win2k drivers for the card. Anywho...

Make multiple passes. 1 pass to get 8 tracks minus effects.. then 1 pass of effects. mix/blend to taste. serve chilled.

carelessorc said:
Surely Logic can cope with more than 8 tracks? Does the 1212 not have anaolgue ins that could record the effects from the FD8 (while the ADAT input records the 'raw' tracks)?

Orc
ahhh the light turns on - I thought you meant use tracks on FD-8. Cool I will do that ta.

JR#97 said:
I've got an fd8 and korg1212. Are you using win 98? I'm looking for win2k drivers for the card. Anywho...

Make multiple passes. 1 pass to get 8 tracks minus effects.. then 1 pass of effects. mix/blend to taste. serve chilled.
Sorry - my computer setup is a B&W G3 running os9.2 which handles the 1212 very well so far.

Back