fd-8 bouncing tracks

Pbass75

hi again
i bounced tracks 5 and 6 to track 7 but the problem is i can only hear it through the monitor section. when i set the selector switch to L&R i cant hear it whats going on??

thanks

If it is like my FD-4, you can't hear anything recorded on "virtual tracks" L and R. You must track exchange them to a real track i.e. 1, 2 3 or 4 so they can be heard. Just meant to be temporary storage so you can do something else on the real tracks.
Bob.

thats the thing i AM bouncing to REAL track seven and i still cant use my fader, just the monitor knob will let me hear it. and i can see on the level meter that there IS something on the track i bounced to

im pretty frustrated any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again

Those damn inserts!! On a lot of recorders they are useable only when the track is actually used for inputting an outside signal. But this effects even recorded tracks. Drives me nuts! But the upside is when you mixdown and swap tracks you can put your mix through compressors/finalizers/normalizers without doing a ton of repatching. So go crazy both ways--when it torks you off and when it comes in handy.

Peace, Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Marquard (edited 03-28-2000).]

well i figured it out so if anyone else has this problem they can fix it without getting all stressed. it turns out that i couldnt hear track seven cause i had a compressor plugged in the insert and it wasnt turned on. when i unplugged it track seven was audible

thanks

Is there any advantage to using the inserts on the FD8 for a compressor/limitor or am I better of running my instruments and/or mics directly through the compressor/limitor and then into the FD8?

Back