FD-4 Vs. 424mkIII

wyastarr

I'm a recovering musician who has fallen off the wagon. I've decided to invest in enough equipment to do some recording at home. I don't need the best, geekiest stuff. I need easy to use in a solo situation, easy to use if a band ever materializes, and easy on the checking account.

I want to be able to record 4 track simultaneously, I want dbx reduction, I want high speed taping (cassette only I assume).

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

The FD-4 doesn't do 4 track simaltaneously except if you do two analog, two digital and you will need their software update. I am basically in the same position, want something good, decent and cheap. I found the FD-4 on www.musiciansfriend.com for $299.99, but that is without any storage, which is needed, but you can choose what kind you want. This is a digital unit, so that should mean you can bounce the tracks all day long and not loose sound quality. And if the storage device is big enough, you even get two virtual tracks for mixing four tracks down to stereo, which is kinda cool. Check www.fostex.com for more on the unit, but the price is an internet special and is limited. Hope that helps.

Peace, Jim

digital! digital! digital. everything in the 21st century is going digital!. although there is that special "sound" with analog/tape, technology is just making it so much easier for us musician's. now is easier always better? i can't be the judge of that, but it sure leaves a lot more room for creativity.

smoov

Back