favorite stomp boxes

memphissound

Your assignment, should you choose to accept it...

Name YOUR current or (ideal) stomp box effects to put on a pedal board. Up to five, we don't want to get carried away. And the type of music you use them for. Brands and model numbers are optional, but ok if you want to add them. So if you just say compressor>eq>distortion>chorus that's all right.

Me first: fender strat, Laney LC30 amp, classic rock and blues
wah>distortion>overdrive>chorus (in fx loop)

Peace <><

Mesa Boogie V-Twin.

Absolutely my favorite. And the only one I have/use. Just perfect in combination with my strat and Jazz Chorus. But I'm not a (fulltime) guitarplayer (anymore).

Whatever amp/guitar you use it with, it always adds to the sound. The only thing that it doesn't do well is heavy overdriven, metal and hardcore kinda stuff. But I don't play that anyway...

Even makes a 72 HiWatt sound better!

Ibanez RG550 > Zoom Superplayer 8080 with Zoom TriMetal on the fx loop. Currently giving serious thought to buying a Marshall JCM2000 + Cabinet A. I would still use the processor and stomp box for fx, Just use the head as amp + EQ.

Keijo

Here's the chain.......

1.)Steve Morse Music Man Gtr

2.)Boss CS-2 Comp
Octave Pedal (Boss)
Morley Wah (old school chrome jobby...big as truck)
Original bigg muff.
Boss parametric eq pedal.....
mxr flanger

3.) Palmer speaker Simulator

4.) Computer

(I'm in the process of buying a Mic Pre):confused:

Don't have anymore but I really liked this setup for me...
Strat..EMG's
Mesa Mark 3 head/Marshall cab
Cry Baby
Rat pedal {old version}
Wammy pedal {red one}
Sholz chorus..Line in back of the amp
Boss RV3 pedal

Don

at hand--dual humbucking 64' gibson sg...on the floor--digitech whammy, bossDM3 delay, vox wahwah, sovtek bigmuff pi--in that order....(boss SE-50 in the rack)...the whammy only gets used on "bad-horsie" and "a day in the life"...I haven't had it long enough to come up with anything of my own....and I don't use the DM3 very much either...I mainly rely on the SE-50 for "stereo-delay"...the vox and the bigmuff I use a lot...(very loud rock)...

I use a 79 Les Paul Standard w/Dimarzio X2N
Dunlop Crybaby(used sparingly)
Boss Supershifter
MXR Phase 90(used sparingly)
Zoom 1010(a couple of delays for clean tones)
A Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb 50w w/70's salt & pepper grill cab

I play heavier lower tune music. Kinda similar to Tool, Staind, Taproot...

My setup and I love it.

1. Guitar: 66' Jazzmaster, reissue Jaguar with a SD Hot Rail at the neck and a SD Distortion at the bridge.
2. Amp: 77' Twin Reverb
3. I use the amp's reverb and occasionally a Boss DS-1 distortion.
4. I have 3 original Electric Harmonix pedals: Big Muff, Memory Man, and a Mistress Flanger deluxe.
5. Dunlop Wah.

Line 6 Delay Pedal

The delay pedal simulator...has 16 models...including a reverse sampler.

I never leave home without it...even when doing acoustic gigs.

RB

my current set-up....

i run a 20 year old carvin into a boss ds-1......
then into a morley wah........
then into my marshall jmp-1......
and that into a mesa boogie mark 2b used as a power amp....

the ds-1 is really subtle with the distortion...... it just adds a push, the way i've got it set up.....

Keeping it stupidly simple:

Epiphone Basher into a Crate DSP on distorted tube setting to a Dunlop Crybaby, or the same setup with a Fender Strat on the fuse setting. Add Heil Talk box for particularly sexy moments.

Cy

Systech Harmonic Energizer

My holy grail of pedals that I got for $30 in a music store. It's a distortion pedal and a notch filter combined. It makes just about everything sound better.

Back