Favorite Son

g0dmoney

Just got my monitors in and this is my first attempt at a real mix with them. Let me know what you guys think, any ideas will be appreciated greatly.

Mixed on Behringer Truth 2031a, guitar/bass is played through a behringer v-amp 2.
Favorite Son

thanks man!

True is a woman.:D

Good job, I like it. I agree that the main vocals need to come up, pretty much everywhere. Not the screamo harmony stuff, just the main ones. They are a bit muddy and its hard to hear all the words. Nice stuff.:cool:

The only thing I'd play with is the snare tone - sounds like slapping a piece of wet leather with a stick.
The rest - I like the levels - esp. the vox.

haha, sorry i didn't realize she's a woman. thanks for the advice

True is a woman.:D

Good job, I like it. I agree that the main vocals need to come up, pretty much everywhere. Not the screamo harmony stuff, just the main ones. They are a bit muddy and its hard to hear all the words. Nice stuff.:cool:

The only thing I'd play with is the snare tone - sounds like slapping a piece of wet leather with a stick.
The rest - I like the levels - esp. the vox.

hmm ill play with the snare some. unfortunately i programmed these drums in fruityloops with drumkit from hell so i need to figure out how to adjust the snare independently. ill be using reaper for my drum tracks from now on though... =\

I think it sounds pretty good for what you have to work with. The bass needs work - it lacks definition. And the spoken vox is off pitch I think.

Nice work!

I think it sounds pretty good for what you have to work with. The bass needs work - it lacks definition. And the spoken vox is off pitch I think.

Nice work!

yeah i think you're right about the spoken pitch thing. i write the lyrics as i record the song so that's my first try throughout. i think i'll just rerecord the vox. thanks!

Back