Favorite Software Mastering Chain

Yeah the VW has nice low end, and for that matter is the one I use on my bass tracks the most. I try to to get the tracks balanced really good first, and use the VW primarily for brickwall limiting only. Lately I have been using TLAudio, more than PARIS. If this chain doesn't work (which is a rare occasion), I will usually swap out VW for Sonitus Multiband, or C4 & L2.

Hi, I bring tracks from Fostex VF08 into computer, to Cool Edit Pro, fade adjustment, noise reduction if needed, then Waves,C1, or C4 , sometimes RENQ, and possibly equalizing, L1, with dither, then Feurio. Does this sound like a proper chain, tried a lot of other methods, but it seems you have to stick with a tried and true one. I would like to chop off or squash some of my wavs, as they look like they have a lot of peaks and valleys, any takers for ways and means, thanks, unchained, Psongman

you can use the C1 or C4 to squash your waves (Just using a Hard compression). But why squash your track. I mean a little don't hurt, but dynamics are so very important, to the overall effect (with the exception of some genres). Squash it to much, and it becomes lifeless.

Back