Father Help Me......now with real drums

Cool. The arpeggiating guitar seems a little too muted and too far back in the mix. I like the mix besides that. The drums sound nice.

Hello JP,
MUCH better with the drums in.
This has your almost signature combo of GTRFX. The vocal is very assured and clear.
Well done

Great song JPW.... The drums bring all songs up a notch. I agree the backing guitar could come up a tad. I think the lead is pretty sweet!

Hey, just gave a listen, and I have a thought, and I hope it doesn't piss you off, but here goes...

It seems to me that the vocal delivery and the lyrics and songwriting are firmly in the country vein, but the guitars and drums, etc are all performed in a hard rock style. I hate to say it, cause I'm not a huge fan of country, but I'd just call this what it is - a country tune, and produce it that way. I think it would be stronger.

Like I said, I hope that doesn't piss you off, especially if you are just looking for mix suggestions, but to me, that would make this whole song a lot better.

Best Regards,

Dave DeWhitt
SoundClick artist: Dave DeWhitt - page with MP3 music downloads

Sounds pretty darned good... I'd like to hear a less compressed version. Seemed like I could hear mp3 compression artifacts here and there. Background guitars need to come up some, and I'd call this thing done. Good job!

That's bloody good! love the palm muted guitars! Drums sound very good!

Awesome job! bit too much effect overall on lead guitar for me (personal preference)

Nice Muzza

I'd just call this what it is - a country tune, and produce it that way. I think it would be stronger.

Hey JPW, I just read back through this and realized I sounded like a real a-hole when I said that ^^^

Sorry about that, I like the tune, and the mix is great, it just hit me that it would be a great country song. I should proof read my posts better before I submit!

Best Regards,

Dave

I love this song. It's going on my ipod in fact (if that's ok, that is. Maybe that's not cool. Please let me know if it's ok.) I sort of agree with Dave's idea that putting a little Nashville in would be a good thing. The tone on the guitar lead for my ear would be the place. If it's tracked with the overdrive/distortion so be it, but if there's room to adjust the effect, the exact same leads with more of Fender tweed lightly overdriven tone might be interesting. The best country music to me today is sitting right here where rock and country meet, so I like hearing both these sounds together, and this is really great as is, but to me would be even better with some of the country sound represented in the music to go along with and support the awesome vocal.

Mix is really good to my ears.

Thanks for posting.
J

Hi JPW
I love your voice, Love your lyrics nice drums and bass. Great BV's too.
man there is some great talent on this forum.
The melody is good and cacthy.
Keep it up.
Dave

Love it all, but feel the whole thing could be more expressive. The vocal is really nice but could spit a lot more.

Hey, just gave a listen, and I have a thought, and I hope it doesn't piss you off, but here goes...

It seems to me that the vocal delivery and the lyrics and songwriting are firmly in the country vein, but the guitars and drums, etc are all performed in a hard rock style. I hate to say it, cause I'm not a huge fan of country, but I'd just call this what it is - a country tune, and produce it that way. I think it would be stronger.

Like I said, I hope that doesn't piss you off, especially if you are just looking for mix suggestions, but to me, that would make this whole song a lot better.

Best Regards,

Dave DeWhitt
SoundClick artist: Dave DeWhitt - page with MP3 music downloads
heh! Can't piss me off with an opinion.....might be something I need to look into

I think it's pretty good. Is this a Fromunda Bros production?
yes it is

Hey JPW, I just read back through this and realized I sounded like a real a-hole when I said that ^^^

Sorry about that, I like the tune, and the mix is great, it just hit me that it would be a great country song. I should proof read my posts better before I submit!

Best Regards,

Dave
LOL!

I love this song. It's going on my ipod in fact (if that's ok, that is. Maybe that's not cool. Please let me know if it's ok.) I sort of agree with Dave's idea that putting a little Nashville in would be a good thing. The tone on the guitar lead for my ear would be the place. If it's tracked with the overdrive/distortion so be it, but if there's room to adjust the effect, the exact same leads with more of Fender tweed lightly overdriven tone might be interesting. The best country music to me today is sitting right here where rock and country meet, so I like hearing both these sounds together, and this is really great as is, but to me would be even better with some of the country sound represented in the music to go along with and support the awesome vocal.

Mix is really good to my ears.

Thanks for posting.
J
Ipod all you want and thanks for the compliments!

I like it. I like the plain sound of it.
I think the vox could be back a little bit.
Not crazy about the wide pan on the guitars.
Why did you do that little fade and then end it?
Nice song.

Nice tune!
Only thing that jumps out at me is the voice could sink better in the mix or the guitars a little louder.
Love the vocal harmonies!

Back