Fake Jazz fusion 1.5 hour song

Myx62

I used some stock drum programs on my DR -670 cause it can take 2-4 hours otherwise. Hope that aint cheatin. and just played some chords then bass and then some fake jazz soloing . No vocals... This took me about the full 1.5... All first takes. Im afraid to carefully listen to it, so be my guest and find an opportunity to tear my guitar playing apart for once instead of my vocals....I guess this is fusion kinda stuff.
Myx

the link:http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1929&alid=-1

Nice playing.....the weak link is the drum sounds but that's irrelevent in a 1.5 hour song. Actually...I like your cymbals...just that snare sound.....good guitar playing man. I'm gonna be looking for more stuff from you.

Myx62 said:

yeah cheating....you heard VOXVENDER right?....yeah THAT was an hour and a half.......IN OPPOSITE LAND....(kidding)...i just like to type "OPPOSITE LAND" as much as possible..lmao

this is very cool actually...man bring those vocals up a touch...hehehe....even for "stock" drum sounds those a damn good...and i dont reeally need to say much about your guitar playing right.?...we've been over that a bunch...(sigh).....hey my new little baby is just staring at the speakers .....i think he digs it!!!...

cool.
jamal

Fuck I wish I could play guitar like that. I'm loving the wah/flange thing on the rhythm parts too.

I am very seriously impressed with your chops.

Thumb raised to the roof!!

Definitely good gtr playing
I'm pretty sure I might be able to figure out how to get everything running in 1.5 hours. I could do that and post an mp3 of 3 minutes of dead air maybe :D

good work

knowwhut you mean 'bout programming the damned drums.... took about 45 minutes of the 90 just for the colostomybag drums I posted... and I JUST sold an SR-16 on ebay so no drum machine... you're forgiven the BOSS drums :)

Nice jazzy/funky/flangy rhy guitar... the lead is cool, too. Great changeups in rhythm... huh... guess that's why they call it "funk", eh?

Chad

Thanks guys for all the comments. I really had a lot of fun doing this. No real pressure or expectations. I just played thru and had fun.
So much great stuff here has came out in 1.5 . I hope we can do this again in some different way.
Myx

:cool: it must be the key, no pressure. great tunage my friend.
recording and chops.

dtb

I really like that deal where you start pingin around the bell of the cymbal, that little part of such a big piece of brass always puts a spell on me, almost sexual.... That was cool freestyle. I was listening to the part where you left behind the time constraints, red record light, and the work part, and stepped on off in it, now thats not fake jazz. man, thats where it gets real... :) I enjoyed it dude!!

kick ass. the rhythm guitar sound has that real mellow sound. almost laid back liquid or something.

You guys have been too kind to me.
I do suppose true jazz is just flat out improvisation which I did on that song and generally the majority of my soloing. I have been around a few jazz people and they seem to really be into the rules..??? I could never figure that out. Eddie Van Halen once said "learn all the rules and then forget about them" I live by that. Doing music really is all about having fun and sometimes I forget that. The 1.5 thang helped me to remeber again to just have fun.
Myx

Some nice jazz guitar.

I'm really digging all the different styles that are showing up here.

I know what you mean about drum tracks (it's bass for me as well), I just threw together a few bars and copied it a bunch of times and it still took half an hour.

Good job.

that was danceahmaholicton!!!!!!!! freakin toe tapper of a tune!!!! shimmie, can ya feel it, uh huhhhhh owwwwwww!!

thank's man!!
peace

Rick

Back