Fading Effect In And Out Of A Track Using Cubase LE 4

Jmoog

I am relatively new to recording with Cubase LE 4. I have recorded a bunch of nature sounds (thunderstorms, a lake, an empty cemetery, ect.) and I would like to process these recordings using the effects in Cubase. I know how to lay an effect on an entire track but I would like to fade various effects in and out of the tracks to create a sense of movement. I'm not sure how to do this. Does it involve automation of the effects? Does it involve adding an "FX channel track"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yep automate the effects if you just want the effects to come in slowly over time. There should be a W and an R on your plugin window. Enable W and twist the knob to write the automation.

Just leaving the R on will read the automation, but without the W on you can't write any new automation data.

I am relatively new to recording with Cubase LE 4. I have recorded a bunch of nature sounds (thunderstorms, a lake, an empty cemetery, ect.) and I would like to process these recordings using the effects in Cubase. I know how to lay an effect on an entire track but I would like to fade various effects in and out of the tracks to create a sense of movement. I'm not sure how to do this. Does it involve automation of the effects? Does it involve adding an "FX channel track"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll give you a simple example of using automation to bring effects up and down on a track.
Make an FX channel, then add a reverb to the FX channel. Now send the output of an audio track to the FX channel. Keep the reverb to full reverb rather than setting it lower.
Now you can control how much of the audio track you want to send to the reverb FX channel using the send function. Remember to turn the send button on. :)
Now go to your audio track and set the automation to be send1 and level (if your reverb is on plug-in 1 spot).
Now push 8 to go to the pen mode, (making sure that the R button is green, as this means your automation is turned on for that channel) and then edit the automation to whatever you like.

Hope I explained well enough. Let me know how you get on.

G

Just leaving the R on will read the automation, but without the W on you can't write any new automation data.
You can write automation without the R button being on (red). Use the pen function and draw it in. number 8 on the keyboard, not the keypad.

G

Back