Facia Panel Lettering

Spooler

Hi all. I have a reVox B77 that is in perfect condition, but a lot of the printed lettering has worn off, any idea`s on how to replace these letters. When i was a kid you could buy this stuff called (lettroset), it came in a lot of different fonts and sizes, it had a protective plastic front with all the letters and you just rubbed the letters off onto what ever you wanted. Cheers. Dave.:confused:

Hi all. I have a reVox B77 that is in perfect condition, but a lot of the printed lettering has worn off, any idea`s on how to replace these letters. When i was a kid you could buy this stuff called (lettroset), it came in a lot of different fonts and sizes, it had a protective plastic front with all the letters and you just rubbed the letters off onto what ever you wanted. Cheers. Dave.:confused:

Radio Shack used to have some lettering simular to what you're talking about. Maybe they still do. Wouldn't hurt to give them a try. :rolleyes:

I think places like Office Depot, Office Max and Staples still sell that product?

Geotype, I believe was the company that made that.

Cheers! :)

Lettering

Thanx guy`s,already tried Officeworks,and newsagents. Next stop i guess will be hobbie shops,,,,:)

There's also art supply companies that should carry it.

Do a quick google search. You're bound to come up with an on-line retailer or two who would gladly sell you what you need.

Cheers! :)

Laser printer

Perhaps a last resort, but you can try a regular laser printer. Figure out how to print reversed (it can be done!), and then use a hot iron to transfer the toner to the panel. I know this works for printing on wood and cloth, though I've never tried printing on metal. Should work. Then protect it with a spray-on clear coat.

p.s. you can then make all of your level pots go to 11!

I would not use an iron! You night be able to but labels and get the size right then cut the label, paste it on the reel and put tape over it.

I would not use an iron!

Why not? I've done it, it's fast, cheap (if you have a laser printer), and easy.

There are commercial dry-transfer lettering systems that use laser printers, but they are not cheap. This kit costs $90.:

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/DecalPRO/index.html

Here's an example of the result possible:

electronics_panel.jpg

Back